• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

synavm   

Yeah, I was going to say it's Adidas that pretty much all the money on shirt sales. We only get a cut on shirts sold directly from our megastore, and I'd imagine we'd have some kind of say on where the shirts are retailed but not really earn anything from it. Of course, Adidas may want to invest in Messi for marketing purposes but that'd be pretty unprecedented- we certainly won't sign him on our own funds (or Roman's funds for that matter). I can't remember any other shirt manufacturer getting involved in a transfer.

Yeah, I was going to say it's Adidas that pretty much all the money on shirt sales. We only get a cut on shirts sold directly from our megastore, and I'd imagine we'd have some kind of say on where the shirts are retailed but not really earn anything from it. Of course, Adidas may want to invest in Messi for marketing purposes but that'd be pretty unprecedented- we certainly won't sign him on our own funds (or Roman's funds for that matter). I can't remember any other shirt manufacturer getting involved in a transfer.

On a shirt by shirt basis I am sure that is true. But in terms of renewing out deal with Addidas next time, the more shirts they sell the better the next deal will be. The £30m a year they have agreed to pay us must represent a big chunk of their Chelsea shirt revenue, and must be based on good shirt sales prior to the deal signed last year.

On a shirt by shirt basis I am sure that is true. But in terms of renewing out deal with Addidas next time, the more shirts they sell the better the next deal will be. The £30m a year they have agreed to pay us must represent a big chunk of their Chelsea shirt revenue, and must be based on good shirt sales prior to the deal signed last year.

Interesting point!

ish   

honestly I think balotelli has everything in his closet to be a top striker except drive. seriously the stuff I have seen from him on random occasions has me going this guy is an insane player and athlete.

but he hasnt got the right mentality, an example is the game against sporting. there was one time that costa was running at the ball that was past behind the defender, he was behind the player by a step and not in the best position but as soon as he started running I knew he would fight tooth and nail to get to that ball first and get a shot on no matter what. that kind of tenacity and willingness to give 100% even though it might end up being fruitless is something balotelli doesnt have.

that score a goal from purely working your arse off and just pushing your limits type of goal is the difference between him and being a great striker I think.

Jose sums up everything that needs to be said about ballotelli with this:

“I could write a book of 200 pages of my two years at Inter with Mario, but the book would not be a drama – it would be a comedy,” the tactician noted.

“I remember one time when we went to play Kazan in the Champions League. In that match I had all my strikers injured. No Diego Milito, no Samuel Eto’o, I was really in trouble and Mario was the only one.

“Mario got a yellow card in the 42nd minute, so when I got to the dressing room at half-time I spend about 14 minutes of the 15 available speaking only to Mario.

“I said to him: ‘Mario, I cannot change you, I have no strikers on the bench, so don’t touch anybody and play only with the ball. If we lose the ball no reaction. If someone provokes you, no reaction, if the referee makes a mistake, no reaction.'

“The 46th minute – red card!”