• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Watched him in the World Cup, If we didn't have Willian I would probably say yes but we dont need 2 Willians. If we do get him I hope no more than 20 Million. aren't there any better right wingers out there available? We should be doing all we can to get Reus tbh. If it comes down to Cuardado or James Milner on a free I will pick Milner 100%. Very underated player effective both sides of the pitch.

If Reus moves to RM, he's making a huge mistake IMO. Too much competition for places over in Madrid. We've really got to up our pursuit of him.

I really like cuadrado, the fact is he is very similar to willian. probably better in dribbling and defensively probably similar but maybe just better positionally but tackling/pressing wise its the same.

cuadrado is the most fouled player in serie a, his shooting is probably more consistent then willians too but not by much.

if schurrle and salah leave he would be an upgrade on both.

another player in serie a that is just amazing and can play right wing well is dybala but he is a striker playing wide. still kid is the nuts.

I remember him at the World Cup and he was really quite good if I recall, be nice to have a proper direct right sided player.

Scooba   

Cuadrado is a big no for me. Too old, too ineffective and a bit too flashy. Anytime I've seen him play he reminds me a little bit of a Zaha type player, pretty quick and skillful at times but too sloppy and inconsistent and doesn't work hard enough.

Also, what is with the major fascination of Reus? I don't think he's been too great for well over a year now (ok he has had some injuries). Just because he is quite a big name doesn't make him a great player. There must be better targets out there for us to get in the summer.

Also, what is with the major fascination of Reus? I don't think he's been too great for well over a year now (ok he has had some injuries). Just because he is quite a big name doesn't make him a great player. There must be better targets out there for us to get in the summer.

That is usually the case, you earn a big name because you're a great player. He's been injured, nearly consistently, since the end of last season, so he hasn't been around to prove it.

But I reckon he'd have similar problem to Willian, as in that he's a brilliantly effective player if he gets some space, but (severely) limited once he doesn't. I'd have major doubt as to whether he could fit into the passing orchestra of Matic, Fabregas, Oscar and Hazard, as he's much more direct, and how he'd affect the balance in the starting XI (as Willian's work rate on the right is a major factor at the moment).

But I stand by my opinion, that if Reus has a release clause in the summer for 20m or so, he's a steal and we must try and get him.

I really like cuadrado, the fact is he is very similar to willian. probably better in dribbling and defensively probably similar but maybe just better positionally but tackling/pressing wise its the same.

cuadrado is the most fouled player in serie a, his shooting is probably more consistent then willians too but not by much.

if schurrle and salah leave he would be an upgrade on both.

another player in serie a that is just amazing and can play right wing well is dybala but he is a striker playing wide. still kid is the nuts.

It's funny that you mention Dybala. I have a friend that signed for palermo not to long ago from sweden, he says that this kid is the next big thing. Since then I started following palermo and I must agree that the kid is great. low centre of gravity, which is the new breed, good dribbling, finishing and pace. reminiscent of aguero.

I like the rumors about cuadrado though but not for that price, a real outlet at the wing with blistering pace, dribbling and a good cross his goal tally seems to have upgraded from previous years, he's said a few times that he spends hours on the training ground to work on his shooting.

regarding reus would we really get the best of him at RW? he plays on the left for dortmund and seem to produce the best football from there, cutting in and shooting. to have a player of his caliber would definitely improve any squad in the world though.

Edited by Mikel-Momo-12

paulw66   

Sky saying we are in talks over Cuadrado.

Has 15 goals in his last 48 league starts. More a goal threat from the right? Amen.

If we can get him in and rid of Salah, then we effectively have one more player as Salah isn't trusted to play

Scooba   

Hmm, not sure he is the answer to be honest. I agree that he is likely to have more of an impact than Salah which is useful for the business end of the season. Has he played in Europe this season?

paulw66   

Hmm, not sure he is the answer to be honest. I agree that he is likely to have more of an impact than Salah which is useful for the business end of the season. Has he played in Europe this season?

Yes. But an extra body will be useful domestically, keeping others fresh for Europe.

ish   

It's funny that you mention Dybala. I have a friend that signed for palermo not to long ago from sweden, he says that this kid is the next big thing. Since then I started following palermo and I must agree that the kid is great. low centre of gravity, which is the new breed, good dribbling, finishing and pace. reminiscent of aguero.

I like the rumors about cuadrado though but not for that price, a real outlet at the wing with blistering pace, dribbling and a good cross his goal tally seems to have upgraded from previous years, he's said a few times that he spends hours on the training ground to work on his shooting.

regarding reus would we really get the best of him at RW? he plays on the left for dortmund and seem to produce the best football from there, cutting in and shooting. to have a player of his caliber would definitely improve any squad in the world though.

Yeah I would love to have dybala, he is really exciting to watch and has so much potential, good footwork, speed, strength and a decent shot. Could really become a scary wing striker. But I think if Chelsea get him he would be relegated to loans or salah level appearances. He will only get better, I think in a year or two he will be playing for one of the top European teams if he keeps progressing at the rate he is. Still very raw as he makes stupid decisions and relies too much on being faster or showy instead of smart. Reminds me c.ron when he first came up England, does cool **** but wastes so much energy and time. Still I would like having him, I think he would be an excellent roll of the dice.