• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

He may be frustrating, because he tries things. As has been mentioned he's an excellent dribbler, similar (but obviously not as good) as Hazard. What he's excellent at (again, like Hazard) is his acceleration from a standing start. Unlike Willian (who always goes right), Cuadrado can go either side with a quick stepover. Having a winger on each side able to consistently beat his man will really open up space in the final third.

Additionally, he does a lot of hard work, and can tuck inside to cover Ivanovic when the need arises. He's quite versatile, and can play all along the right side as well as more centrally.

For all those who think he's direct competition to Willian, I'm not quite sure. Hazard's place is untouchable but I reckon the other 3 (Oscar, Willian, and Cuadrado) will be fighting/rotating for the other 2 spots. It's good to have competition, something that hasn't really been apparent with Schurrle.

xCELERYx   

Excited to have Cuadrado join, he's an good player as I've gone over previously in this thread.

Ideally, I hope this frees Willian up to play more central with Cuadrado down the right and Hazard remaining on the left.

paulw66   

Excited to have Cuadrado join, he's an good player as I've gone over previously in this thread.

Ideally, I hope this frees Willian up to play more central with Cuadrado down the right and Hazard remaining on the left.

We were commenting on Tuesday how Willian, when 1 on 1 with a full back rarely beats him, but when he moves in field we glides past players. Would love to see him in the 10 role a bit more.

Khobar   

If Sterling doesn't sign a new deal we'd be silly not to seriously push to sign him. He'd fit in perfectly with the rest of the players here, plays the right positions and scores goals. Not to mention ticks the English box we could do with. Plus it would be nice to rip away one of Liverpool's only shining lights.

I sincerely hope not.

Faramir   

For all those who think he's direct competition to Willian, I'm not quite sure. Hazard's place is untouchable but I reckon the other 3 (Oscar, Willian, and Cuadrado) will be fighting/rotating for the other 2 spots. It's good to have competition, something that hasn't really been apparent with Schurrle.

Terry, Cahill, Zouma for 2 central defender 'spots'.

Ivanovic, Azpilicueta, Luis for 2 full back 'spots'.

Fabregas, Matic, Ramires for 2 central midfield 'spots'.

ish   

ok one of the things that selling schurrle and getting cuadrado would be that schurrle was bought for what 18million. sold for 24million or so. but say he was on a 4 year contract. that means we have already amortised around 6 million of that contract and only had to cover the 12 mill. thus for this years books we actually already made a 12 mill profit from him. now cuadrado is costing 34mill, divided by the 4 yr contract again and thats 9 million or so a year. wages wont be disimilar so they out. in essence buy swapping the two for this financial year chelsea have made a profit of 3 million already.

if they want they can go splash 12 million on a defender or midfielder and be on parity.

personally I think when matic isn't playing we are screwed and we need another CM and ideally a more stable CB.

however cuadrado does in some ways strengthen the team because he is a great right winger and very direct. more so then any of the other options.

ideally I think we need a another midfielder in the centre, as close to matic quality as possible, someone that can still attack if needed. because then it gives the option of running a matic/fab/CM midfield 3 or CM/fab/oscar option. even placing hazard in the centre and having cuadrado and willian on either side of him with 2 stable CM's would be another rotation option. sure we have mikel and ramires but neither have shown that can truly deputise for matic

ChAoS   

^^ as someone mentioned before, would love to sign Sissoko from Newcastle. 25 only, very dynamic and powerful with decent technique. Occasionally even plays on the wing for Newcastle too. Another alternative will of course be the free Khedira in the summer.

ripz   

some bizarre story out about us going to bid £21m for West Ham's Enner Valencia. I didn't even realise they had a player called that, checked wiki and he's scored 3 goals in 19 games.

Some people who work for newspapers really blow my mind, like just make up anything you want and publish it and get paid for it, heck I could do that

Edited by ripz

paulw66   

^^ as someone mentioned before, would love to sign Sissoko from Newcastle. 25 only, very dynamic and powerful with decent technique. Occasionally even plays on the wing for Newcastle too. Another alternative will of course be the free Khedira in the summer.

Would cost a lot of someone who would sit on our bench.

No better than Matic / Fabregas / Ramires / Willian