• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

GURJ SS   

Kalas isn't much of a physical specimen, which puts him on the back foot as a CB.Time will tell if he can make up for it at the top level. Compare him to Baba, for example, a rawer player, but a freak athlethe. It's all about potential at this age, and the better athletes win out.

Ricardo Carvalho wasn't huge, but in my opinion he was one of the most underrated defenders to ever play.

Ricardo Carvalho wasn't huge, but in my opinion he was one of the most underrated defenders to ever play.

But he had the talent to get away with it. Ditto Cannavaro.

Kalas doesn't have that.

GURJ SS   

But he had the talent to get away with it. Ditto Cannavaro.

Kalas doesn't have that.

Only one way to find out, throw him in at the deep end. We did it at Anfield, and the kid answered. For those who say he had protection that day, he got the same protection that the rest of our defenders got on a regular basis last season. So I guess they must also be poor too.

Kalas has had chances at Vitesse, Koln and Middlesborough and is now 22. If he is not on loan to a PL club this season he can't complain about exposure.

Stones impressed in the Championship with Barnsley as a teenager, and got bought by a decent PL team where he has been given a lot of games on merit.

I really can't see the comparison.

I don't know about Kalas but Christensen is definitely not ready for us yet. He was given a start for Gladbach this weekend against Dormund, and he was ********* by Reus and Aubameyang. It's good to see Favre is starting him but he has to take those chances seriously.

Edited by Michael Tucker
Please don't.

haifarul   

I don't know about Kalas but Christensen is definitely not ready for us yet. He was given a start for Gladbach this weekend against Dormund, and he was torn a new ass by Reus and Aubameyang. It's good to see Favre is starting him but he has to take those chances seriously.

To be fair to the kid those two speed merchants would have done pretty much the same to our defense as well.Away to Dortmund is a dauting task to any top European club.He has played for the national team in the EC qualifiers and done ok.

Guardian is saying we are going to go all out and make a £40 million take it or leave it final offer for Stones.

If that doesn't get him, I don't know what will.

Rob B   

Jesus, £40m is insane, and till now I've been in favour of Stones.

If it were me, I'd put on more bid in of around £32.5m and if they don't accept, move on.

It's not like we don't have other pressing needs. I do wonder for example, how much PSG would require for Verrati. Now there is someone who would instantly transform our midfield

Edited by Rob B

£40 million. That would be our second highest transfer fee ever. Only the Spaniard whose name we don't mention cost more.

At least it tells us one thing - the club are backing Jose to the hilt.

I'm sure we have other players lined up in case Everton are stubborn and refuse this.

And if they do, we will be back next summer for him, without a doubt, IMO.

Olusisi   

One can only pray that this 30 million bid for Stone was made up by the press as the club cannot seriouly be making that kind of bid when we have been holding on just fine in the summer window only for a defeat to change everything as if the club didn't know that they needed some reinforcement entering into the transfer window.

If the club is now willing to pay that amount, then you have to wonder about our priorities as a central defender should be low on our needs when we are desperately crying out for another great playmaker and a great central midfield player.