• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

If it means getting rid of Cuadrado then I am all for getting Pedro. Feel he has gone too far with Utd though for anything to happen.

Scooba   

If it means getting rid of Cuadrado then I am all for getting Pedro. Feel he has gone too far with Utd though for anything to happen.

What you mean 3 papers have linked him to Utd rather than just the 2 to us? Yep, way too far. Never gonna happen.

What you mean 3 papers have linked him to Utd rather than just the 2 to us? Yep, way too far. Never gonna happen.

Ok calm down sweetheart.

Olusisi   

I doubt we are after Pedro, probably his agent or Barca are using Chelsea's name to threaten united who instead of paying his buy out fee are trying to negotiate to buy him cheaper.

Edited by Olusisi

Sea foot   

Bob. Will you stop coming in on James' posts each and every time. I am definitely not calling you a troll or keyboard bully but it does come across as such.

For the record; Mr Prescott's ramblings do pee me off sometimes when you surf around the different threads and see the same thing posted, but it doesn't hurt anyone does it.

Dave posts constantly about our thin squad. People argue (or not) with him.

Droy posts constantly about Matic, the academy, mickey mouse leagues. People argue (or not) with him.

You don't argue with James. You pick on him. James Prescott has a post, then comes along the semi-colon to tell him how childish he is being. Getting fed up with it to be perfectly frank.

Edited by Sea foot

Ham   

Bob. Will you stop coming in on James' posts each and every time. I am definitely not calling you a troll or keyboard bully but it does come across as such.

For the record; Mr Prescott's ramblings do pee me off sometimes when you surf around the different threads and see the same thing posted, but it doesn't hurt anyone does it.

Dave posts constantly about our thin squad. People argue (or not) with him.

Droy posts constantly about Matic, the academy, mickey mouse leagues. People argue (or not) with him.

You don't argue with James. You pick on him. James Prescott has a post, then comes along the semi-colon to tell him how childish he is being. Getting fed up with it to be perfectly frank.

Ironically the post you finally pull him up on was NOT having a go at James.

It was almost conversational. It was a touching moment.

And as for Stones, well I think if we don't get him we might get another CB this summer, and then next summer either JT will retire or we could sell Cahill, and bring in Stones.

Honestly, I would rather Stones than Cahill, certainly by next summer. And who knows what could happen with JT.

What I don't understand in all of this, is why people seem so eager to dispense with Cahill? He's a good player, a seasoned international, and somebody who rarely let's us down. We know that JT isn't going to play for ever, and isn't the object of bidding for Stones, to bolster our options at CB? If we sell Cahill, and then JT either gets crocked (or fades out), then we're down to Zouma and Stones - so we'd end up back in the transfer market trying to buy at least one other CB, or possibly two.

GURJ SS   

What I don't understand in all of this, is why people seem so eager to dispense with Cahill? He's a good player, a seasoned international, and somebody who rarely let's us down. We know that JT isn't going to play for ever, and isn't the object of bidding for Stones, to bolster our options at CB? If we sell Cahill, and then JT either gets crocked (or fades out), then we're down to Zouma and Stones - so we'd end up back in the transfer market trying to buy at least one other CB, or possibly two.

Everyone seems to have got it into their head that our defence has all of sudden lost quality like they shat it out or something. Our whole team have looked flat footed in the last two games, not just Terry, Cahill and Ivanovic, hell even Azpi looked a little tired. If we sign Stones, is that the end of our problems in defence, no because our problem isn't the personnel more then the fact that we look like it's the end of a long season rather then the start.

We looked jagged in pre-season and we were not panicking with £30M+ bids, our back 4 was fantastic last season, no one deserves to be dropped just because a kid will be signed for £30M+.

Our problems are not the starting line up, it's a quality side that dominated the league last season, the problem is that non of them have competition and they look like they have got used to playing without the ball. We have almost forgotten what to do with the ball, which is why our defence is leaking goals, 1 of the goals was a mistake by Cesc against City, 1 was Kompany holding Ivan(but could have been stronger(Jose made a sub on a corner which is a school boy error)), and Aguero would have left Stones on his arse for the 1st goal.

Our back line is a title winning back line, Stones will only make them play better and not get a look in. The only way Stones will get ahead of Zouma let alone our starters, is if the club decides he has to play due to his price tag.

Over the summer the debate was if Terry had 2 or 4 years left, 2 bad games and he isn't good enough for 2 more months. If our club is thinking long term then they should leave Stones where he is, because he won't get a look in once our world class back line get match fit.

The biggest joke is; we are bidding £30M+ for a centre back who is supposed to be the next big thing, yet we haven't got a bidding war going on. We are being mugged.

Only one way to find out, throw him in at the deep end. We did it at Anfield, and the kid answered. For those who say he had protection that day, he got the same protection that the rest of our defenders got on a regular basis last season. So I guess they must also be poor too.

Spot on Gurj