• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

cam4blue   

Cuadrado was simply never a player we should have been remotely interested in as he was never going to be any good for us and that should've been obvious to anyone that had actually watched him more than five times in Italy.

5 is the cut-off? Thank god.

I'd admit that I've only seen him play around 5-6 times but each time I have seen him play I thought that he was average,

;-p

TBF you were right though.

Kezza   

How come it's so blatantly obvious to everyone but not our scouts, Mourinho or Roman even? Or Man Utd who were also interested. Sometimes I really do think fans know more than the football people! At least sometimes our gut tells us something that is right.

Chel_don   

Cuardado was a panic buy, just like Salah. Next time I would rather give people like Moses and Traore a chance. Its either we get a player we want or we just dont buy. I blame Jose for Cuardado transfer, Jose was in Inter for 3 years and knows Cuardado well as an opponent, why he thought Cuardado could succeed here I dont know. It was a bizarre transfer from the start I watched Cuardado a few times before the transfer and knew straight away he would struggle in the PL. I was hoping United would sign him knowing he would flop. Joke was on us.

Salah and Cuadrado were bought because De Bruyne and Schurrle left and we needed a replacement for each. That's not a panic buy. But the market is very restricted in January so there are far less options available.

And if we knew as much about football as Jose or his scouts, we would be in football.

I remember a lot of fans who in 2004 wrote on this forum Drogba was a bad signing. Many here criticised him for 2 years and said he was rubbish. When Ashley Cole arrived people said Bridge was better and should play above him.

Fans don't know nearly as much as scouts. Scouts do get it wrong sometimes, but generally our ones have got more right than wrong in the last few years.

Cuadrado and Salah have proved elsewhere they have real talent. They just didn't adapt to the English league well - and that's something very difficult for a scout to predict.

Edited by James Prescott

Cuardado was a panic buy, just like Salah. Next time I would rather give people like Moses and Traore a chance. Its either we get a player we want or we just dont buy..

False dichotomy; 'panic buy' is such a cheap, mean-nothing criticism. We have literally never bought a player who wasn't at all wanted or who no-one thought could do a job. Some deals work, some don't. Simple as.

Worth remembering that it appears Moses was very much preferred to Cuadrado; he just didn't fancy coming back. Looks increasingly like he is being preferred now, too.

Edited by thevelourfog

@UberCheIseaFC: Juventus have made a bid for Dortmund midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan who is a lined up replacement for Paul Pogba. (Mundo Deportivo) #CFC

Looks like Spanish press have Juve buying a midifelder. Also rumours of Ramires being spotted in Turin.

Man I hope this is all true. Signing Pogba would be phenomenal. But still, not believing it. Yet.

Hannibal   

@UberCheIseaFC: Juventus have made a bid for Dortmund midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan who is a lined up replacement for Paul Pogba. (Mundo Deportivo) #CFC

Looks like Spanish press have Juve buying a midifelder. Also rumours of Ramires being spotted in Turin.

Man I hope this is all true. Signing Pogba would be phenomenal. But still, not believing it. Yet.

Long time lurker here. I felt the Ramires spotted in Turin part needs to be addressed, where did you learn about that ? I can't find it in twitter, or google or any other media outlet for that matter ?

Edited by Hannibal