• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

jones   

If indeed we are buying Pato, it is an indication of what players are available and not cup-tied for CL. Buying top players from European clubs will most definitely already have played in EL or CL. However, there are at least three players in the PL, that will increase the level of attacking options we have and that are not cup-tied: Mane, Ighalo and Payet. I imagine the reason we don't go for them simply is because the prices are so inflated that the club would rather spend such money in a summer window.

At least, Pato for 10mp is less of a financial risk than other transfers we have made. I guess he has lost a lot of his pace, but his inury record the last three years is comforting. So, worst case scenario is that we can sell him in the summer.

I have no idea what level Pato is at now. Watching highlights from the Brazilian league is pointless. And I think people here in general jump to conclusions way too soon. Hey, just look at Jermain Defoe ffs. I will wait and see how he performs before I write him off.

And I think it is more that the club want to increase our chances in CL, and have too few options, rather than they believing Pato will be our saviour. They have made too many bad decisions in the last year, but it is way too soon to say that this is another.

If indeed we are buying Pato, it is an indication of what players are available and not cup-tied for CL.

Sorry mate, but if we ARE buying Pato it's a clear indication that the inmates are running the SB asylum. One has-been crock after the other - and this one's f**ked in the head, to boot!

Chel_don   

If he is having fitness problems in a league that is probably the least physical demanding league then what will happen when he starts in a league that is very physically demanding? Who exactly is buying Pato? Are they thinking of Pato of 8 years ago in AC Milan. Cause that player is long gone. Even if he stays fit his quality has dropped. Not sure what his addition will bring but that just sums up another bizzarre recruitment.

Why we're buying anyone this window is beyond me. We won't win anything and we won't be relegated. Temp manager spending needless money trying to save an irretrievable season. Madness.

Play the kids, properly evaluate our young and fringe players, recruit a permanent manager in the summer, hit the shops then.

Anything else is pointless.

Why we're buying anyone this window is beyond me. We won't win anything and we won't be relegated. Temp manager spending needless money trying to save an irretrievable season. Madness.

Play the kids, properly evaluate our young and fringe players, recruit a permanent manager in the summer, hit the shops then.

Pretty much agreed. Forget sending Bamford on loan; he can't be worse than a crocked Falcao and a semi-permanently injured Remy.

Other positions are covered with what we already have.

On the plus side, I wonder if a result like tonight's particularly with the fans displeasure at the final whistle, will be the kick up the ass the board need to do a few deals this month?

The board has been kicked up the Arsenal since May. They didn't listen and here we are. Not sure why that would change.

Emenalo apparently still think our squad is talented and good enough. He's a ****ing moron. Roman must think the same, otherwise Mourinho would still be here or at the very least supported in the transfer market.

Okay. I might have to eat my words. We apparently are in serious talks to sign Pato according to ESPN Brazil.

I thought it was a joke.

Oh great. An injury-prone flair player with questionable attitude is exactly what this side needs.

If he is having fitness problems in a league that is probably the least physical demanding league then what will happen when he starts in a league that is very physically demanding? Who exactly is buying Pato? Are they thinking of Pato of 8 years ago in AC Milan. Cause that player is long gone. Even if he stays fit his quality has dropped. Not sure what his addition will bring but that just sums up another bizzarre recruitment.

Don't want Pato, but I very much doubt that the Brazilian league is undemanding. Just the opposite I'd have thought.

Well we can bed in any new signings so they'll be used to the Prem for next season when we win the title.

Pato. WTF. I so hope this isn't true.

xCELERYx   

Pato would be worth the punt. Still at a prime age, his fitness has been exceptional from what I've seen since he returned to Brazil. Has European experience as well which means he should adapt a little quicker.

Also talk that Cavani is unhappy at PSG because he wants to be first choice striker and Blanc is willing to sell. At 28, still would be a excellent addition imo. Have been a huge fan of Cavani since his Palermo days and he's a striker that ticks a lot of boxes.