• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

Suspect Miazga and Pato will be confirmed in next 24 hours or so.

Not sure that will be all though....think there's more to come.

Miazga doesn't really count. He's another who'll never wear Chelsea blue for any significant number of games. 

Think Pato will be our one and only signing, I think. I don't see Pato as CF, certainly not in this league, certainly not in this team with this manager and his preference for direct football. He's just not physical enough. Still, we are lacking creative players who like to play on the left and drift inside..... Oh wait

13 hours ago, americanblue said:

Miazga is seen as the future of the US backline.  While the MLS is by no means a good league, he has lots of talent.  I'm not saying he's ready to be thrown into the fray right now, but the kid is a real solid player

The Telegraph slates us for this (potential) deal.

"Chelsea supporters will no doubt be worried by the direction their club are heading in, following the botched summer transfer window that saw central defender Papy Djilobodji, Falcao and Baba Rahman all signed."

QFT.

Edited by Johnny Blue

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, Johnny Blue said:

The Telegraph slates us for this (potential) deal.

"Chelsea supporters will no doubt be worried by the direction their club are heading in, following the botched summer transfer window that saw central defender Papy Djilobodji, Falcao and Baba Rahman all signed."

QFT.

By all accounts Miazga has been known to a few clubs for a considerable amount of time, including ours. He's been described as a player similar to a handy defender by the name of Jaap Stam. I have no problem personally with targeting players like Miazga who aren't as high profile, as long as there's opportunity for them to play. Given the state of our CB options, there will be opening for him soon enough. 

Also not sure how they can call Rahman a botched signing, he's continuously improved each time he's played and hasn't looked entirely out of place during his limited number of games. Raw, yes. But it's difficult to judge him either way at present. 

jones   

People have to remember that Baba Rahman has played almost the same amounts of minutes that Zouma had at this time last season. He may never make it, or he may actually do. At least the guy has some big strengths: pace and a decent cross. It is just way too soon to write him off. 

26 minutes ago, jones said:

People have to remember that Baba Rahman has played almost the same amounts of minutes that Zouma had at this time last season. He may never make it, or he may actually do. At least the guy has some big strengths: pace and a decent cross. It is just way too soon to write him off. 

Question is not if he will make it. It's if he will ever be better than Ryan Bertrand or Nathan Ake?

2 minutes ago, chrisp said:

Question is not if he will make it. It's if he will ever be better than Ryan Bertrand or Nathan Ake?

If he challenges Azpi for a place, then certainly he is.
For me the question is why the hell Ryan Bertrand stayed at Chelsea as long as he did - and the only answer is that essentially he never was here except for a few months in his career.

jones   
5 minutes ago, chrisp said:

My point was that it is pointless to write a young player off after 6 months, and tried to compare him to a player who is now an integral part of our first team. 

paulw66   

Funny thing is, I keep hearing people ask why we can't unearth a player like Marhez or Mane who were unknown here and cost relatively little, yet when we sign an unknown centre half for 3.5m people start questioning our transfer policy. 

• Like 3

jones   
11 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Funny thing is, I keep hearing people ask why we can't unearth a player like Marhez or Mane who were unknown here and cost relatively little, yet when we sign an unknown centre half for 3.5m people start questioning our transfer policy. 

Haha, spot on!

Sea foot   
18 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Yep. Was just about to point that out.