• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Is Cole fit to start? I thought he was still recovering from his rib injury! I've not really been following the story tbh.

I'd guess Cole has been fit for the last two games based on Jose's comments. He had been injured previous to the Newcastle game.

Bertrand has been listed as injured in pre-match reviews elsewhere but not on the official site, which is often very coy about absentees.

gtiboy   

I think it's more likely Chelsea will sign a centre half in January rather than a full back since with have enough of them for now. you have to see it like this, Chelsea only have 3 centre backs. David Luiz can't be relied upon, Cahil is ok and Terry is aging. A world class centre half is needed along with a quality holding player.

Ham   

I think it's more likely Chelsea will sign a centre half in January rather than a full back since with have enough of them for now. you have to see it like this, Chelsea only have 3 centre backs. David Luiz can't be relied upon, Cahil is ok and Terry is aging. A world class centre half is needed along with a quality holding player.

Branners can play CB too so I don't agree that CB is a priority. A decent defensive midfielder is.

Having said that,Cahill looked absolutely lost without JT last night. I've said before how petrified he looks in possession and he proved that very publicly last night.

gtiboy   

Branners can play CB too so I don't agree that CB is a priority. A decent defensive midfielder is.

Having said that,Cahill looked absolutely lost without JT last night. I've said before how petrified he looks in possession and he proved that very publicly last night.

Yes that's true, but if you've seen Ivanovic at centre back over the last few years, especially when Carlo Ancelloti was manager, he played him there and got destroyed time after time, lacks positional awareness. He better as a right back which Mourinho see's hence why he will only play him at right back. So it's not surprising we've been linked with Mangala from Porto.

Branners can play CB too so I don't agree that CB is a priority.

So can I. Doesn't mean I should.

Personally I think Ivanovic is the most overrated defender in the PL. Don't rate him at all and have never done it either apart from that 09/10 season under Carlo where he was terrific. Other than that he's been distinctly average for his whole career with us. Ridiculously limited technically and very unintelligent as a player.

I rate Azpi far higher. Less prone to silly mistakes. Better with the ball and for more effective going forward.

So can I. Doesn't mean I should.

Personally I think Ivanovic is the most overrated defender in the PL. Don't rate him at all and have never done it either apart from that 09/10 season under Carlo where he was terrific. Other than that he's been distinctly average for his whole career with us. Ridiculously limited technically and very unintelligent as a player.

I rate Azpi far higher. Less prone to silly mistakes. Better with the ball and for more effective going forward.

Awful assessment of Ivanovic's value to the team. Is he the best footballer we've ever had? No. Can you name 10 right backs that we have had worse than him? Definitely. Can you name 10 right backs that we have had that are better than him? Probably not. Always 100% committed, he at least gives us a decent physical presence, in a team overrun with little guys. And he can defend properly for the most part. Sure going forwards he has his limitations, but I hear so many people these days wanting their fullbacks to attack and cross and take free kicks before they actually learn to defend (cough Leighton Baines blah blah cough).

Holymoly   

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/443504/Chelsea-boss-Jose-Mourinho-to-bid-for-Radamel-Falcao

I didn't think I'd ever hear myself say this but I don't know if I'd want to swap Torres for Falcao. At least you know what you have in Torres. Falcao would be another massive expensive gamble.

todongo   

sign TWO centre midfielders and one RB or LB.

Luiz can play fullback (backup), or be sold; forget him as CM.

Omeruo and Kalas can be backup defenders for now.

centre mid and fullback are the ones needed badly right now.

Chelsea can run through 5 more overpriced centre forwards and still get low production from them because if the team doesn't have people who can pass and move quickly from centre mid and the fullback positions, Chelsea will perpetually be a lethargic, inept team with zero penetration.