• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Why not 2-3 years? Makelele was no spring chicken when we got him, but what a player.

Maka was 30 when we got him, and as you say, what a player.

Alonso is 32, and , er, a player.

GURJ SS   

Maka was 30 when we got him, and as you say, what a player.

Alonso is 32, and , er, a player.

He played for a few years, about 5 I think? An at 35 I remember still questioning why we were letting him go.

You might not rate Alonso, an that's fair, but like I said, I can't think of a alternative. I can think of 30+ alternatives, but not anyone around the 25 mark who would be a long term solution.

Would take Alonso no question. Quality player who has never relied on pace. Would be the perfect player to link the defence to attack, which is what we desperately need. Could see him doing exactly what Pirlo is doing anf playing at the top level for at least 2 or 3 years.

Would a prefer a 25 year old with simikar qualities? Without a doubt, however I can only think of a handful of players of Alonso's quality in the last 10 years and very few that are young and attainable at the present moment.

life   

If we are going to get a midfielder I hope its pogba....what a player, having midfielders like :pogba, mikel, ramires, van ginkel will leave us with a tough midfield.. gives us a little more balance to the team seeing as we have the trio floating everywhere

I still do not see why we are going for martinez...especially seeing as have have a goalscorer like lukaku, what does he do that lukaku doesnt do? But if it spells the end of torres(doing well but its a bit too late) and demba ba, I am all for it..

A strike force of lukaku and martinez for next season is not bad I suppose, makes it a little easier to forget that we could have had a strike force of sturridge and lukaku here, sccoring for us

And lastly I feel mata will be gone in January, just a feeling...sad really

todongo   

If we are going to get a midfielder I hope its pogba....what a player, having midfielders like :pogba, mikel, ramires, van ginkel will leave us with a tough midfield.. gives us a little more balance to the team seeing as we have the trio floating everywhere

I still do not see why we are going for martinez...especially seeing as have have a goalscorer like lukaku, what does he do that lukaku doesnt do? But if it spells the end of torres(doing well but its a bit too late) and demba ba, I am all for it..

A strike force of lukaku and martinez for next season is not bad I suppose, makes it a little easier to forget that we could have had a strike force of sturridge and lukaku here, sccoring for us

And lastly I feel mata will be gone in January, just a feeling...sad really

I don't see Chelsea getting one of those star center midfielders in January. What does any promise of playing time in a World Cup year from Chelsea Football Club mean to a player who is already a starter in another European squad? Seems Frank Lampard gets a start forever even though he is incapable of playing is an all-around center midfielder. Maybe Roy could do Chelsea a favour and tell Frank he's not going to Brazil(?). I don't know what the politics are behind the scenes, but it stinks. Even Witsel should not hastily transfer to Chelsea from Zenit. If Roy takes Frank to Brazil and plays him against a quick, aggressive side the guy will get eaten alive. It's much less-intense in the Premier League every week. Don't understand why he's out there, starting--as I'm sure some here have been repeating.

If you told me today that January would bring a player like Pogba along with Rakitic, Mata leaves and Lampard is not longer a starter (except in cup matches maybe), I would take that deal in a second. Afterward, the only question is about Ivanovic starting at RB.

Edited by todongo

life   

I don't see Chelsea getting one of those star center midfielders in January. What does any promise of playing time in a World Cup year from Chelsea Football Club mean to a player who is already a starter in another European squad? Seems Frank Lampard gets a start forever even though he is incapable of playing is an all-around center midfielder. Maybe Roy could do Chelsea a favour and tell Frank he's not going to Brazil(?). I don't know what the politics are behind the scenes, but it stinks. Even Witsel should not hastily transfer to Chelsea from Zenit. If Roy takes Frank to Brazil and plays him against a quick, aggressive side the guy will get eaten alive. It's much less-intense in the Premier League every week. Don't understand why he's out there, starting--as I'm sure some here have been repeating.

If you told me today that January would bring a player like Pogba along with Rakitic, Mata leaves and Lampard is not longer a starter (except in cup matches maybe), I would take that deal in a second. Afterward, the only question is about Ivanovic starting at RB.

to be fair I do not have a rebuttal for this because for me Lampard has be poor this season, very poor....van ginkel isn't available to challenge him for a place too which seems to have made him just a bit comfortable.

Sciatika   

I thought Frank played quite well in the last two games. He had a lean period before that I suppose but I would not describe that as "very poor". Actually, they all go through phases. Oscar was off the pace for a while, Hazard has struggled, Schurrle did too at the start. Willian was in and out. Torres has blips in form - it's all normal. I am still hopeful that we will start to click soon and we'll have a chance of a run a good games.

I thought Frank played quite well in the last two games. He had a lean period before that I suppose but I would not describe that as "very poor". Actually, they all go through phases. Oscar was off the pace for a while, Hazard has struggled, Schurrle did too at the start. Willian was in and out. Torres has blips in form - it's all normal. I am still hopeful that we will start to click soon and we'll have a chance of a run a good games.

This is the positive for me, we are within touching distance of the top, already qualified in the champions league and I believe this team hasn't played anywhere near its potential yet.

The injury to MVG has hurt us as it gives us one less CM to rotate in arguably our weakest position. I think it was really interesting yesterday that we started to really dominate the game once we switched to 4-4-2 and our wide men ("wide") stopped Clyne and Shaw getting forward.

Equally impressive that if you take away our mistake for their goal they didn't register a single shot on target.

Things are starting to come together, December will make or brake this season in the league.

Many of United title winning teams played poorly for long periods throughout the season whilst, Liverpool and Arsenal were playing supposudly brilliantly. Fact is that Arsenal are maxed out right now, they are playing to their full potential. When their attacking players are suddenly not all in top form then suddenly you look at their defence and they seem lightweight. Mertesacker has been good this season but hasn't really been tested as Arsenal have dominated games, Koscielny and the GK are weak for me and will be found out when the team gets outplayed, I.e our capital one cup victory. At the moment we have played okay but yet we are only 4 points off Arsenal whereas they have literally played out of their skins. We have a much greater potential than them and we will begin to see this the longer JM is in charge. The real worry is City who despite playing badly are still within touching distance and have a frighteningly high potential. The title is between us and them and it will come down to how many games Kompany plays against how many points we drop against mid table teams. With JM as manager I will back us to beat any team on any day shown by the City and Bayern games.

Many of United title winning teams played poorly for long periods throughout the season whilst, Liverpool and Arsenal were playing supposudly brilliantly. Fact is that Arsenal are maxed out right now, they are playing to their full potential. When their attacking players are suddenly not all in top form then suddenly you look at their defence and they seem lightweight. Mertesacker has been good this season but hasn't really been tested as Arsenal have dominated games, Koscielny and the GK are weak for me and will be found out when the team gets outplayed, I.e our capital one cup victory. At the moment we have played okay but yet we are only 4 points off Arsenal whereas they have literally played out of their skins. We have a much greater potential than them and we will begin to see this the longer JM is in charge. The real worry is City who despite playing badly are still within touching distance and have a frighteningly high potential. The title is between us and them and it will come down to how many games Kompany plays against how many points we drop against mid table teams. With JM as manager I will back us to beat any team on any day shown by the City and Bayern games.

Whilst I do agree with what you say, I keep saying the same about arsenal, they haven't only been good this season they have been good this whole calendar year. There is nothing to say they are going to suddenly collpase. The only thing I would say is that if u look at thier fixtures compared to ours we have had a much harder start than them and I atill expect us to finish above them this season.