• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

life   

Mourinho anticipates working with Torres, Eto'o, and Ba for the remainder of this season before seeking fresh blood next summer. (Guardian)

Oh dear...this will be a long season (if true)..

GURJ SS   

Piazon was never on the edge of the first team - he was just the only young player not out on loan so he got to make up the numbers some time. If an PL manager thought he was going to make it, he'd be on loan in the prem, not in Holland.

McEachran & Willian - I just can't imaging those two standing next to each other, never mind competing for a place.

Piazon did nothing wrong, if anything he added another style an option for us whenever he played. Kalas was loaned in Holland, how about PVA? Alex was loaned out for a while in Holland. We just have a habit of buying expensive players who we don't need. Willian was given first team football, McEachran was dumped in low league football while we signed mega million pound deals. But would there be a difference so far if McEachran wa playing instead of Willian? Maybe McEachran would have for better but I doubt worse.

Piazon did nothing wrong, if anything he added another style an option for us whenever he played. Kalas was loaned in Holland, how about PVA? Alex was loaned out for a while in Holland. We just have a habit of buying expensive players who we don't need. Willian was given first team football, McEachran was dumped in low league football while we signed mega million pound deals. But would there be a difference so far if McEachran wa playing instead of Willian? Maybe McEachran would have for better but I doubt worse.

Apart from that goal Willian scored, what has he done? You're right. At least Josh would hive us satisfaction in being a young, English chelsea player.

Biggest problem with our club right now may be attributed to identity. I'm Irish, and very pro my country and its national team, but its embarrassing to see a squad of just Bertrand, Cole, Terry, Cahill and Lampard as English talent, with Moses (Nigeria declared) out on loan. Its lacking its identity and this needs to be solved. Big time.

Apart from that goal Willian scored, what has he done? You're right. At least Josh would hive us satisfaction in being a young, english chelsea player.

Biggest problem with our club right now may be attributed to identity. I'm Irish, and very pro my country and its national team, but its embarrassing to see a squad of just Bertrand, Cole, Terry, Cahill and Lampard as english talent, with Moses (Nigeria declared) out on loan. Its lacking its identity and this needs to be solved. Big time.

Surely players shouldn't be bought/developed/selected just because they're English? Josh hasn't shown anywhere near enough to suggest that he'd give us any 'satisfaction' as part of this squad. He's playing where he is for a reason - and even there he's struggling to make an impact - just like he did with us, at Swansea, and at 'Boro. Josh was a nice thought at the time, but the reality has been something quite different. And I guarantee you this: if Josh was part of this current squad, he'd be getting well and truly slaughtered on these forums by now.

todongo   

Say something positive about chelsea. I challenge you.

When they get some good center midfielders in the 1st team and a RB, begin playing quick and accurate with passing and movement there will be something positive to say.

Biggest problem with our club right now may be attributed to identity. I'm Irish, and very pro my country and its national team, but its embarrassing to see a squad of just Bertrand, Cole, Terry, Cahill and Lampard as English talent, with Moses (Nigeria declared) out on loan. Its lacking its identity and this needs to be solved. Big time.

In football as in life, I don't care where people are from.

Doing nothing wrong is OK, but you have to do something right to get to play in the first team. Doing nothing wrong gets you sent out on loan until you look like Lukaku or Courtois or De Bruyne (last season).

Surely players shouldn't be bought/developed/selected just because they're English? .

The great thing about the Prem is that more than any competition except (possibly the CL) it really is World football with many of the worlds best players in it.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Scooba   

Agreed, although I can sort of see the point though. I'm not sure how important it is, it may be coincidence but generally the best teams from all over Europe have a strong group of 4 or 5 players from the clubs respective country. Does it make a difference? I couldn't really answer that and neither could most people until some research has been done. I suppose it's a bit like a fish and chip bar being run by 4 Mexicans who have just settled in the UK, they might be fantastic chefs but would they know how to make a great British fish and chips? You could make a case either way of course, it's just a metaphor to think about the point made.

Edited by Scooba

Ham   

I felt an immense amount of pride when 5 or more chelsea players were starting for England during Jose's first reign so in that sense, I do.

When they get some good center midfielders in the 1st team and a RB, begin playing quick and accurate with passing and movement there will be something positive to say.

Bend over Dortmund, Bayern are coming