• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I think it is BS mate.  The board are there to execute Roman's strategy. If he backs Conte and is prepared to spend money, there's no way in a million years the board would overrule this. 

Conte walked at Juve when he wasn't backed in the transfer market.

If the same thing happens here, he'll be gone, one way or another.  Either he'll just quit, or because if we sign no one else, we could be outside top four by Christmas and possibly out of the CL - which may mean curtains anyway.

Edited by James Prescott

Imagine if Kante and Alonso get long term injuries now. 

We'll be playing Luiz in midfield with Fabregas, and Dave as LWB, with two more untested youngsters on the bench. Not to mention we're already playing Boga LW today.

That's a squad competing for a top 6 place, not for the title. 

It won't just be Conte we'll lose if we sign no one else. Hazard and Courtois won't sign new deals and we'll be forced to sell them - and who'd blame them for going, rather play for Madrid than a club who want to cut corners instead of showing ambition. 

It's three weeks till the window closes, and no stories of any deals in the works or even close to completion, and more players leaving on loan, not coming in. I know the club doesn't talk publicly about transfers, but deathly silence everywhere isn't a good sign.

We'll leave it to deadline day and get 3 Dilibodji's in at this rate. 

cii99mn1   
2 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Imagine if Kante and Alonso get long term injuries now. 

There are quite a few players we don't want any injuries to right now, I'm not sure these two are the worst ones.

Just now, cii99mn1 said:

There are quite a few players we don't want any injuries to right now, I'm not sure these two are the worst ones.

Well Hazard is already out. Pedro and Bakayoko are too. 

We can't afford any other midfielders or wingers getting injured. Can probably afford a CB getting injured, just. 

It'll make two years ago look like a Sunday School picnic if we have this squad on 1 September, and right now there's no sign of anything happening to change it. I don't care how hard they are working on transfers, they aren't actually doing any. Nout. Nothing. And we need players yesterday.

48 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Precisely. 

That's why the story makes no sense. Still, given this board, who knows? 

Certainly not the 'journalists' on whose every words you hang!

SS_89   

Let's be honest even if we got 3-4 bodies in by now I'd be surprised if even 1 of them made it into the starting 11 in the next four games. The reality is that the window is still open for another 3 weeks and until that point I don't see the point in getting wound up about it. It's not a great situation to be in but I don't expect it to last. 

• Like 1

Can you imagine our training at the moment? How on earth is Conte supposed to get them ready for the start of a new season when we would struggle to play a 6 a side game? I admit I don't know too much about how professional teams train but I'd imagine they need a fair few players to do most drills to a decent standard?

We could bring in 6 players in the next few weeks and could still end up striluggling as the preparations for this season are comical.

Our squad right now:

GK: Courtois, Callibero, Eduardo

CB: Cahill, Luiz, Dave, Christensen, Rudiger

WB: Moses, Alonso

CM: Fabgreas, Kante, Bakayoko (injured)

W/AM: Hazard (injured), Pedro (injured), Willian, Musonda, Boga

ST: Morata, Bats, Remy

We need at least one CM and two wing backs before the window closes. If one of our CM and/or wing backs get injured now we are totally screwed. I'm OK with the wingers we have, because I rate Musonda and Boga. I'm pretty OK with our CB's (though if VVD arrived that wouldn't entirely suck) and our GKs. Up front, I'd actually take those three we have right now. 

But at CM and wing back we are woefully weak. Ox, Drinkwater and Rose would be excellent additions. All three would probably make the starting XI right now (because our midfield with Fabregas isn't so solid defensively, Drinkwater and Kante would be great until Bakayoko is fit). And even then I'd buy another player to add depth to the squad, or a 'bonus' signing like Barkley who can play CM and AM and would give us more strength in depth.

But right now it looks like we're doing a Spurs and holding off as long as we can to get prices down. We'll probably end up signing two or three players on deadline day, players who aren't our first choices, because we won't pay a little extra for players we do want, when we have only spent £19 million net this summer and have more income coming in than ever before. 

It's mental. And literally everyone can see we need players including most pundits, even ex-Chelsea players like Lampard, and even our current captain. 

So frustrating. This should have been completed two weeks ago. Instead it's the same old last minute cheap dot com.