• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 minute ago, Ham said:

Oh the repetition! WE GET IT!

You can't blame me or others for being frustrated, and if our frustrations come out more than once, so be it. Because I don't think some people do get it, to be honest. 

BlueFizz   

Off to the Bridge.

There are rumours flying around on social media - Trump has offered Roman £80bn for the club!

Probably rubbish - but want to see if I can trigger pages of debate the way that James chap does.

4 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Off to the Bridge.

There are rumours flying around on social media - Trump has offered Roman £80bn for the club!

Probably rubbish - but want to see if I can trigger pages of debate the way that James chap does.

The difference is your rumours are ridiculous and only intended to mock and patronise people.

The ones I share fit with a lot of other stories which have been going around for weeks, actual facts, and are about legitimate issues, whether the rumours themselves are true or not. 

Edited by James Prescott

BlueFizz   
10 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

The difference is your rumours are ridiculous and only intended to mock and patronise people.

The ones I share fit with a lot of other stories which have been going around for weeks, actual facts, and are about legitimate issues, whether the rumours themselves are true or not. 

Meant in good humour - none of us should take ourselves too seriously, please don't be offended.

I 'create' social media noise about brands as part of my job: trust me: it is all self-perpetuating crap!

• Like 1

BlueFizz   

I should also like to point out that the club's lack of panic may not only suggest imminent implosion.

It may mean...

Bakayako close to ready

Hazard closer than anticipated

Pedro not out for long

Boga looking ready

Deals close

We must ALL remember that thanks to our collective obsessiveness we know 99.999% of the rubbish and rumours circulating about Chelsea BUT perhaps less than 1% of what the club knows and is doing.

2 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Imagine if Kante and Alonso get long term injuries now. 

We'll be playing Luiz in midfield with Fabregas, and Dave as LWB, with two more untested youngsters on the bench. Not to mention we're already playing Boga LW today.

That's a squad competing for a top 6 place, not for the title. 

Luiz LWB, Dave at midfield - but I take your point.

Competing for top 10 I'd guess.  We saw in 15/16 how when it goes wrong with a small squad it goes spectacularly wrong.
Essentially it is like motorbiking on 2 wheels instead of driving a car.  In theory you can go a lot faster with the same engine, but a little wobble becomes a disaster.

Ruudboy   
52 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Off to the Bridge.

Trumps boy is a Gooner - it's Mugabe that is the Chelsea supporter. Now that would be interesting ....

If we decide that there is no value in the market , I agree to some extent and if the board decide that we don't need reinforcements then I'm fine with that too.

Providing , that it's the board member deciding the above that loses their job and not the head coach.

Why it's always the coaches fault is beyond me , as is why we never back a league winning manager properly , we stabbed Mourinho in the back and are trying the same tactic with Conte .

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

If we decide that there is no value in the market , I agree to some extent and if the board decide that we don't need reinforcements then I'm fine with that too.

Providing , that it's the board member deciding the above that loses their job and not the head coach.

Why it's always the coaches fault is beyond me , as is why we never back a league winning manager properly , we stabbed Mourinho in the back and are trying the same tactic with Conte .

I'm all for blaming the right person - not that we ever really know.
But value in the market?  If talent is over priced, why are we sending Tammy and Palmer out on loan to PL clubs?  Presumably to maximise their value to our club or as transfer assets.  That strongly we do thing prices are right.