• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Matt Law reporting we'll bid £25 million for Drinkwater this week, and likely to move for Ox. Also says we're interested in a forward player and will bid for VVD if he's available. However, says Rose is unlikely - if so I'd say Bertrand is the most likely arrival at LWB.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/12/chelsea-will-launch-second-bid-danny-drinkwater-look-make-three/

Honestly, right now, Drinkwater, Ox and Bertrand would be a good set of additions.

If we can get Barkley or another attacking player as well, and even VVD, they'd be bonuses. 

But still, rumours mean nothing. We need actual signings.

1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

You can't blame me or others for being frustrated, and if our frustrations come out more than once, so be it. Because I don't think some people do get it, to be honest. 

Oh we get it all right, James.

I'm as concerned as anyone else that our squad is wafer thin... I just don't feel the need to post about it 20 times a day, every day!

1 hour ago, BlueFizz said:

I should also like to point out that the club's lack of panic may not only suggest imminent implosion.

It may mean...

Bakayako close to ready

Hazard closer than anticipated

Pedro not out for long

Boga looking ready

Deals close

We must ALL remember that thanks to our collective obsessiveness we know 99.999% of the rubbish and rumours circulating about Chelsea BUT perhaps less than 1% of what the club knows and is doing.

An island of sanity in an ocean of stupidity! Thank you, BlueFizz

Interesting thing Harry Redknap said on Football Focus on BBC1 earlier. He was talking about how difficult it had been for Birmingham in getting loan deals in, due to all the stipulations being put into contracts by the clubs doing the lending, giving as an example a 19 year old on £12,500 a week who would cost him £25,000 if he didn't play!

Zoowraa   
20 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Interesting thing Harry Redknap said on Football Focus on BBC1 earlier. He was talking about how difficult it had been for Birmingham in getting loan deals in, due to all the stipulations being put into contracts by the clubs doing the lending, giving as an example a 19 year old on £12,500 a week who would cost him £25,000 if he didn't play!

About time on this. Difficult for the clubs wanting the player, but being selfish it's what we should be doing.

Contracts in business have all types of clauses in them, the fact this is only coming out now suggests this has not been the case when doing deals for loan players and ensuring they play, or the owners gets reimbursed.

16 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

About time on this. Difficult for the clubs wanting the player, but being selfish it's what we should be doing.

Contracts in business have all types of clauses in them, the fact this is only coming out now suggests this has not been the case when doing deals for loan players and ensuring they play, or the owners gets reimbursed.

He hinted as much... though going fairly far back in time! He said when he loaned out Lampard, Carrick and Ferdinand (I think they were the 3 he mentioned) it was just done, without any provisos.

Given how few appearances some of our youngsters have had when on loan, either we've not gone down that route, or the other club have just swallowed the financial penalties (unlikely, I would have thought).

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/636870/Chelsea-Transfer-News-Danny-Drinkwater-Leicetser-40m-Nemanja-Matic-Gossip

'It is claimed they want exactly the same fee that Chelsea sold Nemanja Matic to Manchester United for'.

Wonder how much Watford paid for Tom Cleverley,  like Drinkwater, a member of Title winning sides,  like Drinkwater, an England international only picked for 10 more games (13 vs 3)..like Drinkwater 28 years of age.

40m? Whatever they're drinking at Leicester, it's more than water

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Very interesting.  Mind you Harry is always exaggerating a bit.  That would have been a bargain for Abraham (though Birmingham would have no chance of getting him).  Cheap for Kasey Palmer.  I take it he doesn't say which player it is.

1 hour ago, Zoowraa said:

True - if we are doing it.  I can't think of any loanee prior to this season getting starts on anything but merit.  
The other major problem is that it is only the better Championship clubs that are paying as much to their first team regulars as we do to our better 19 year olds.
I bet half of our loanees are on £10k a week +.  Very few of the teams they go to have more than 3 or 4 players on that much (Vitesse included).  There is no way we can demand the above kind of terms except for players good enough to go to the Prem or promotion chasing Championship teams. 
That means in most cases we cannot even expect full wages to be covered by the borrowing clubs, let alone playing guarantees or non-playing penalty clauses.

26 minutes ago, The Fab 4 said:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/636870/Chelsea-Transfer-News-Danny-Drinkwater-Leicetser-40m-Nemanja-Matic-Gossip

'It is claimed they want exactly the same fee that Chelsea sold Nemanja Matic to Manchester United for'.

Wonder how much Watford paid for Tom Cleverley,  like Drinkwater, a member of Title winning sides,  like Drinkwater, an England international only picked for 10 more games (13 vs 3)..like Drinkwater 28 years of age.

40m? Whatever they're drinking at Leicester, it's more than water

Drinkwater 19 months younger than Matic (and 27 not 28) and frankly a better player.
£40m seems cheap to me.  I wonder what Kante would say  :)

25 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Drinkwater 19 months younger than Matic (and 27 not 28) and frankly a better player.
£40m seems cheap to me.  I wonder what Kante would say  :)

He would probably say please don't start your mate fabregas beside me ever again. Disaster.