• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

26 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Drinkwater 19 months younger than Matic (and 27 not 28) and frankly a better player.
£40m seems cheap to me.  I wonder what Kante would say  :)

Sorry he's 28 in March. Kante would say he prefers Cesc :)

Just seen City's bench against Brighton. We really are a joke outfit. Lions led by donkeys.

Sir   

Still can't believe we didn't sign Hernandez.. (or seemingly at least try for him) 

So I'm correct in thinking we only have four strikers? Bats, who Conte doesn't like (I'm still fairly sure of this) Costa, (no idea) Remy, who we probably want to ship out, and Morata... (still don't know how he will pan out currently given he's not been here five minutes) - given this, I'm still sure we need another striker or two if Remy and Costa go.

10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Just seen City's bench against Brighton. We really are a joke outfit. Lions led by donkeys.

Only one defender on the bench and it's mangala, could be their downfall this season. Seem to have gone for all out attack which doesn't really work in the Prem.

Edited by Lump Of Celery

2 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Only one defender on the bench and it's mangala, could be their downfall this season. Seem to have gone for all out attack which doesn't really work in the Prem.

Neither does having no players.

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Neither does having no players.

Touche, can't argue with that Mark! But take four starters out their squad and how does their bench look? Not trying to excuse the complete shambles of a transfer window so far but some perspective!

Edit - Hopefully their new keeper turns out to be a disaster as well!

Edited by Lump Of Celery

jangz   

From what I can make off conte's interviews it's clear he doesn't have final control over player transfers.. so it has to be one out of Emenealo or Buck .. both or either of them have failed the fans this season uphill now.. it's laughable Borough had this problem last year but we are frekkin Chelsea .. League champions aren't we ??

Dingus   

Looking back, that bench was pretty symbolic of the situation. You have Morata, a proven world class talent available to select, Christensen, a raw young kid coming off a two year loan spell with a lot of promise and then a bunch of youngsters that were never going to get a look in.

Who knows what the result could have been if he had actual top quality talent (and not the likes of Danny Drinkwater) to choose from to try and change the game.

Conte probably can’t believe this has happened to him twice where the board hasn’t backed him in the transfer department.

Leo91   

Probably going to have to splash out a bit more than we expected for our targets now that clubs know we need to buy.