• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

The articles credibility takes a dent when it says united are willing to offer £30m and mkhitaryan when arsenal are only looking for £35m. Makes no sense for Sanchez to move anywhere other than City this January, they have the league sewn up so he won't get a major trophy and if he's in it for the money then he can get more holding out until The summer. Maybe he just really hates Arsenal!

Ham   

Not going to happen. There's no way we are paying anyone upwards of £350k a week. 

The best we can hope for is that we start a bidding war and ManUre end up playing squillions more than they anticipated in fee and wages. 

This Sanchez rumour is surely just a smokescreen from the club.

How many times did we hear that Wenger was going to sign so and so player but lost out at the last minute.

Still, we live in hope the club could pull out a major coup here....

9 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

This Sanchez rumour is surely just a smokescreen from the club.

Which club?

It's obviously just newspaper BS that has literally nothing to do with us or any other football club, but I guess we can be happy we're at least being 'linked', right? That's how this works?

Sanchez & Chelsea 'rumour' started by a Manchester paper following news of City pulling the plug. 

Could be propaganda along the lines of "Utd beat City & Chelsea to Sanchez, steal Arsenal star". When in reality they'll pay inflated fee, possibly a player thrown in. If they do this they'll have paid twice more than any other club was prepared to. Could even be a "Jose gets what he wants, whilst Conte is frustrated " headline. 

8 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Small graces ... Being a fan of the transfer window seems so much more frustrating than being a fan of a football club.

Certainly seems to work for James!

synavm   

Sounds very Lukaku to me. Can’t see us wanting to spend the sort of money touted- not sure I’d want us to either. Something in the region of £250k would be good, though.

Realistically, I think it’s either invented by another party or we’re getting involved to save face when we know we’re not getting him.