• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

JaneB   
50 minutes ago, Ham said:

Not going to happen. There's no way we are paying anyone upwards of £350k a week. 

The best we can hope for is that we start a bidding war and ManUre end up playing squillions more than they anticipated in fee and wages. 

£350k a week!!!!!! That's a helluva lot of dog biscuits.

I'd rather sign Atom and Humber any day.

52 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

sometimes I think it's just you and me left....

I know the damned financial figures. I read them. The twitter link analysis is based on the official figures. 

I'm not an idiot, much as you and Bob appear to think I am, and treat me with disdain and patronise me as a result. 

The official figures also say we lost money from matchday revenue, and TV, due to not being in the CL, which would have given us a profit of about £50-60 million more, and that it takes into account the payment to Adidas to end our contract with them, which was a good £30 million, possibly more. 

Meaning, given that we brought in about £150 million this summer in player sales  (so our player income is likely to be similar or even more this financial year) and we have CL this year, a bigger kit deal and no payment to end a deal, that if we had approximately the same outgoings as last year we'll make an operating profit - and a considerable one at that. 

Which means we have the money to afford players - especially when we have players such as Bats, Zouma, Kenedy, and Baba Rahman who can bring in even more money. 

The question is, would you rather make a small profit and scrape top four, or make a small loss and win the PL or CL (which would bring in even more income overall)? 

Ham   
1 minute ago, JaneB said:

£350k a week!!!!!! That's a helluva lot of dog biscuits.

I'd rather sign Atom and Humber any day.

I'd totally forgotten about the dogs. The  cringeworthy fans' banner!  

The numbers on this deal are ridiculous. 

* £35m fee

* £20m signing on fee

* £10m to the agent

* £350k per week

All for a 29 year old who has 6 months left on his contract. 

We could get Mahrez if there is money to spend. 

JaneB   
15 minutes ago, Ham said:

* £35m fee

* £20m signing on fee

* £10m to the agent

* £350k per week

Ridiculous and obscene. 

I still love the dogs though, pity their undoubtedly devoted master is such a greedy b******

22 minutes ago, Ham said:

* £35m fee

* £20m signing on fee

* £10m to the agent

* £350k per week

Sanchez is a top player, and on that basis, I'd love to have him at Chelsea for a few seasons. However, as you say, he's 29, and his (and his agent's) demands are beyond ridiculous. Best left to Jose and Pep.

25 minutes ago, Ham said:

* £35m fee

* £20m signing on fee

* £10m to the agent

* £350k per week

To be honest, I do not think it makes much of a difference when you sign him. Either the £35m goes to Arsenal or him/his agent. That said, this is obvious bs. We are not going to actually buy him. 

19 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

I know the damned financial figures. I read them. The twitter link analysis is based on the official figures. 

I'm not an idiot, much as you and Bob appear to think I am, and treat me with disdain and patronise me as a result. 

The official figures also say we lost money from matchday revenue, and TV, due to not being in the CL, which would have given us a profit of about £50-60 million more, and that it takes into account the payment to Adidas to end our contract with them, which was a good £30 million, possibly more. 

Meaning, given that we brought in about £150 million this summer in player sales  (so our player income is likely to be similar or even more this financial year) and we have CL this year, a bigger kit deal and no payment to end a deal, that if we had approximately the same outgoings as last year we'll make an operating profit - and a considerable one at that. 

Which means we have the money to afford players - especially when we have players such as Bats, Zouma, Kenedy, and Baba Rahman who can bring in even more money. 

The question is, would you rather make a small profit and scrape top four, or make a small loss and win the PL or CL (which would bring in even more income overall)? 

The thing is, James, that in the summer before the period these figures relate to, you were ranting that the club were incompetent penny-pinchers for not spending all these hundreds of millions you claimed they had, which, it now turns out, they didn't! You've been doing this every summer and January for as long as I can remember and every year the club releases figures that show they are not as cash-rich as you claim they are. The history of this club over the last few years is of fluctuating between smallish losses to smallish profits.

From the 2014 results:  "The £18.4 million profit follows the £1.4 million generated two years ago. Strong revenue increases as well as a significant surplus on player sales during the 12-month period contributed."  and... "This is the second profit in three years and the largest since Roman Abramovich became owner of the club in 2003."

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/11/chelsea-fc-announces-annual-profit.html

From the 2015 results: "On revenues of £314.3m for the year, a £23.1m loss was recorded but after relevant adjustments the club is comfortably within the allowable limits of FFP"

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/11/financial-results-announced-with-ffp-compliance-maintained.html

From the 2016 results: "... generating a £4.7m profit before exceptional costs. The club incurred exceptional costs of £75.3m, a significant part of that as a result of a compensation fee payable for early termination of the club’s contract with adidas, resulting in a net loss for the year of £70.6m after exceptional costs."

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/12/financial-results-announced-with-record-revenues-.html

Pointing this out isn't me being patronising!

It's nice to know we're in the picture at least - and it's reported his wife likes living in London. There's actually a quote from Sanchez himself, made in 2016 or maybe last summer, about how he'd like to play for a big club in London if he moved.

If we sign him, I'll be ecstatic. If not, just going for him proves we're still interested in big players. It shows ambition. 

Andy Carroll is still trying for force his way to Chelsea - but Sky reporting that will cost us £35 million. I can't see him coming if Sanchez goes to United. It'll be someone else to come in for Bats in that case. 

I'd love us to go for Leon Bailey. Looks a class act, and still very young so can improve. Thorgan Hazard is another. Get those two, for example, then not getting Sanchez won't be too much of an issue. I do overall prefer us signing young players who can improve - but Sanchez is an exception, in terms of his quality.