• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   
17 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Again, all this talk of value... Is everyone that obbessed with leveling the balance sheet these days....?

End of the day, if we don't sort out out what's going on NOW, by getting in top level talent, like an Alexis Sanchez is, there won't be a Hazard or Courtois at the club because they will have moved elsewhere because the club no longer match their own ambitions.

What if giving Sanchez £350k a week means we can't renew the contracts for Courtois and Hazard because we can't afford it?

Dingus   
8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

What if giving Sanchez £350k a week means we can't renew the contracts for Courtois and Hazard because we can't afford it?

Those negotiations would be totally separate from ones (not that any are being done) with Sanchez. Do you not think they take these things into account? Come on now.

16 minutes ago, Dingus said:

If he feels that he is worth that then why shouldn't he ask for that?

welcome to ask for what he wants but I dont have to agree the club should pay it IF it means we can't agree deals with others.

Personally I dont think he is worth more than hazard earns

Kezza   

So we are in for Sanchez. Hope James is happy. But he's gonna have a meltdown instead because we are getting Carroll.

paulw66   
32 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Those negotiations would be totally separate from ones (not that any are being done) with Sanchez. Do you not think they take these things into account? Come on now.

They may be separate negotiations but we have a budget. We don't have an infinite amount of money. I am just hypothesising that there is a potential downside when you splurge a lot of money on one player. 

Dingus   
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

They may be separate negotiations but we have a budget. We don't have an infinite amount of money. I am just hypothesising that there is a potential downside when you splurge a lot of money on one player. 

Seems like everyone seems to be concentrating on the downsides as opposed to what the transfer would actually bring to the team/club - you know, the important bit. 

But you go right ahead.

Stim   
14 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Seems like everyone seems to be concentrating on the downsides as opposed to what the transfer would actually bring to the team/club - you know, the important bit. 

But you go right ahead.

He is very clearly of the opinion that other transfer targets would provide more to the club with less downsides and doesn't consider it a 'sanches or nothing' equation. But I shouldn't speak for him.

I also think we should rather look elsewhere but it is difficult in January. 

Edited by Stim

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I am not sure how more simple to make this.

1. No it is not my money

2. The CLUB has a finite amount of money.

3. The concern is if the CLUB spend £100m on a 29 year old, it may have negative impacts elsewhere; eg investment in younger players that represent better value, and the potential of the club to offer new long term contracts to Hazard and Courtois. 

With some people it's a bit like hitting your head against a brick wall 😖 😖 😖

1 hour ago, Dingus said:

Again, all this talk of value... Is everyone that obbessed with leveling the balance sheet these days....?

End of the day, if we don't sort out out what's going on NOW, by getting in top level talent, like an Alexis Sanchez is, there won't be a Hazard or Courtois at the club because they will have moved elsewhere because the club no longer match their own ambitions.

The club are, and they're the one's who count! Every time they release a financial statement for the year to June 20xx, especially when a loss has been made, they mention how they are still within the bounds of FFP.

paulw66   
31 minutes ago, Stim said:

He is very clearly of the opinion that other transfer targets would provide more to the club with less downsides and doesn't consider it a 'sanches or nothing' equation. But I shouldn't speak for him.

I also think we should rather look elsewhere but it is difficult in January. 

I am actually on the fence. Brilliant player whose profile fits exactly what we need

However, I feel the dosh could be better spent elsewehere.

If the club are happy they can finance it, then fine, but I fear for the ramifications.