• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

I'm more worried about leaving any more transfers until the last moment , Conte takes an age to incorporate anyone into the side , we could end up waiting another month after the window closes to actually improve things .

The one big positive regards to Sanchez is that he can fill two options. He can play instead of Morata or on either wing. 

He is almost the perfect player for us it's just a huge cost for someone his age.

2 hours ago, Dingus said:

Again, all this talk of value... Is everyone that obbessed with leveling the balance sheet these days....?

Everyone?  There is only one person that matters, and he apparently is.
Unless you know of someone else ready to dip their hand in their pocket

I am all for the Sanchez signing IF possible. He scores goals.. We struggle to score goals.

Financially it may be awful but I think not making the UCL next season would have a bigger impact on the club in that regard.

Sanchez and Carroll would be alright for me because I think that we simply have to do everything we can to remain a Champions League side and with Hazard and Morata being badly off form I dont think we can do anything except provide them both with stiff competition for starting roles.

So Sanchez to United is dependent on Mikhi to Arsenal according to Raiola - (Mikhi’s agent), quoted in the Times and other media. And apparently he’s not too keen to go to Arsenal and they may not match his wages.

If Mikhi says no to Arsenal, Sanchez doesn’t go to United.

I suspect we’re waiting in the wings, registering interest so that if that happens we can swoop in and grab him.

Bats is close to going, so they have to have a replacement lined up. Maybe it’s Sanchez.

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

So we are in for Sanchez. Hope James is happy. But he's gonna have a meltdown instead because we are getting Carroll.

Except Hammers will only sell, not loan, and only for £35 million.

So that’s not happening IMO. 

In terms of contracts, from Hazard’s quotes and reports I have read, Hazard is likely to sign a new deal for £300k a week. And he will know how much they contract is going to be. 

Plus, Hazard will want us to show ambition. Signing Sanchez makes our chances of keeping Hazard better. 

And we can afford it. We have plenty of assets to sell in the summer who will never play for us or aren’t good enough (Bats, Kenedy, Baba, Zouma, and some of our loan army). 

My guess is we will be buying younger replacements for Willian and Pedro in the summer (judging by who we have been linked with anyway) which may save money on wages. We saved huge amounts in the summer when JT and Costa left in particular (which weren’t on the yearly figures, which were up to June).

Our outgoings will be less this year as we won’t have the payout to Adidas and we will have more coming in due to the CL and new kit deal. 

So we can afford Sanchez. It won’t be 400k a week though. It will be around £275-300k a week IMO. If we get him of course. 

Leo91   

Sanchez would be more than welcome in my eyes but not when Conte is allergic to playing more than two forwards at any one time. 

If we sign Sanchez we’ll have two of the top five players in the league, he’s at least one level above Mahrez. 

I personally don’t think you can always buy for the future, sometimes the here and now needs addressing and Sanchez would be a massive boost. 

As for the money, I’m sure the club aren’t making bids with their eyes closed. If we are in for him I’m sure the numbers fit, and certainly won’t be at the cost of deals with Hazard and Courtois that have been planned for months. 

Ham   
15 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

If we sign Sanchez we’ll have two of the top five players in the league, he’s at least one level above Mahrez

I personally don’t think you can always buy for the future, sometimes the here and now needs addressing and Sanchez would be a massive boost. 

As for the money, I’m sure the club aren’t making bids with their eyes closed. If we are in for him I’m sure the numbers fit, and certainly won’t be at the cost of deals with Hazard and Courtois that have been planned for months. 

This is subjective based upon current form. I'd  prefer Mahrez personally.