• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Just now, Stim said:

has Sanchez played in the europa? That does cup tie you for cl correct?

CL should be fine??. TBH I was writing this season off. Next season is the target.

Conte has apparently said , when asked if we are in for Sanchez " I don't think so".

synavm   
2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Conte has apparently said , when asked if we are in for Sanchez " I don't think so".

He said 'I don't know, I don't think so'. I saw that as him continuing to complain about how decisions are made on transfers at Chelsea.

2 minutes ago, synavm said:

He said 'I don't know, I don't think so'. I saw that as him continuing to complain about how decisions are made on transfers at Chelsea.

He'd have said just the same if he was fully involved in the decision too.  
And he hasn't started complaining yet.  Just people trying to interpret sentences which are meant to convey nothing.

synavm   
5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

He'd have said just the same if he was fully involved in the decision too.  
And he hasn't started complaining yet.  Just people trying to interpret sentences which are meant to convey nothing.

I don't really get how you could come to any other conclusion but him complaining/voicing his frustrations. Every answer on transfers at pressers is 'I don't know, it's not my decision, this is a question for the club', and then you look at interviews, he's a little more explicit about it. 

For what it's worth, I agree with him but it gets a little tiresome. 

27 minutes ago, Stim said:

has Sanchez played in the europa? That does cup tie you for cl correct?

As I understand it, a player can play for club A in one competition and club B in the other competition. However, if club B bought two or more players from clubs involved in the other European competition from that which they take part in, they can only register one of those players for the other competition.

The time to sign Sanchez was when he left Barcelona. He has played in a summer tournament 4 years on the bounce and barely had a rest in that time. 

2013/14 -  54 club games 

2014/15 - 52 club games 

2015/16 - 41 club games 

2016/17 - 51 club  games 

Current season- 21 club games

In this time he has featured for Chile an additional 60 times meaning a total of 279 appearances in 4 and a half seasons and an obscene average of 62 games a season. 

An undoubtedly great player but one who at 29 is showing signs of slowing down already this season. He has a similar all action approach to an athlete like Nadal and unfortunately this will eventually take it's toll on your body. He always plays every game even when he has a knock and there have been stories that Wenger has had to send him home for weight training whilst being injured. 

Despite the fact he will cost "only" £35million you can add £12million agent fee and a huge signing on bonus to £350,000 per week. That's £18million a season for 5 years resulting in £91million over the course of a contract. Not so cheap and for a player who has a huge risk of burn out and a physical drop in the next few seasons. I sincerely doubt we were ever in for him as this does not line up with the club' strategy for the last few seasons. 

Kezza   

If we missed out on Sanchez just sign Mahrez. Both equally good and can make a difference to the side.