• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes with one or two buts.  Our success is based on an incredibly shrewd binge on buying talent over 2011 to 2014.  And we paid (according to SAF) a £6mn agent's fee to grab Hazard ahead of Man U.  So to some extent we are arguing about timing, not strategy.

And Man U did just win 3 titles last season, and like us are in 3 cups (must be big favourites for LC now) and a place higher than us in the Prem.  They are generating results now.
But yes they are doing it the expensive way because a) they can and b) they need it more than us.

Your JM PR machine keeps rolling. 3 "titles"........ok. 

United aren't in the LC any more. unless you mean us, in which case I am not sure why

Zoowraa   
4 hours ago, Ham said:

Excellent post.  Some on here would benefit from heeding this. 

JM and Citeh are acting out of desperation having seen us pick up 2 of the past 3 titles whilst massively under performing themselves. 

Exactly. Why more can't see this is beyond me. This Sanchez to Utd deal is just so embarrassing and is pure desperation, I  am actually shocked the Utd board are sanctioning this deal. Yes we know they can afford it due to their huge revenues and you have to respect them on that front, whilst City don't create such revenues, but you could argue their is a least a strategy coming through at City over the last 2/3 years.

Utd have no strategy at all and it genuinely staggers me they are going along this road that JM is leading them. Zlatan, Matic, Sanchez and Lukaku have all been huge money deals and they are all pure desperation requests from a manager who is looking for the shortest term fix to instant major trophies. He simply has to deliver a league title or CL title in the next 18 months, otherwise his reputation will take a major hit , he knows that full well and its why you are seeing that club make some of these decisions.

12 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Your JM PR machine keeps rolling. 3 "titles"........ok. 

United aren't in the LC any more. unless you mean us, in which case I am not sure why

Sorry not the LC, but surely favourites for 2nd in PL.  They are doing well right now - sorry if that upsets you.

2 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

He simply has to deliver a league title or CL title in the next 18 months, otherwise his reputation will take a major hit , he knows that full well and its why you are seeing that club make some of these decisions.

Well yeah, his reputation is that high.  His and Peps and perhaps Conte's.  It's kind of like saying Ronaldo has to score 40 goals this season or his reputation will drop.

But I wouldn't like to spend every season betting against JM, must be very costly.

There is a strong correlation between hiring JM or Pep and spending ridiculous amounts on transfer fees in the next 2 years.  Of course there is.  https://xkcd.com/552/

Correlation

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Sorry not the LC, but surely favourites for 2nd in PL.  They are doing well right now - sorry if that upsets you.

Subjective. One could argue that for the money spent in the last 5 years, they have underachieved enormously. 

Not come close to winning the PL or CL despite incredible outlay. 

If we were breaking records to sign players I would expect more than the League Cup and Europa league whilst progressing from 6th to er, 6th in the PL last season. They may well finish 2nd this year. They really ought to. 

Just now, paulw66 said:

Subjective. One could argue that for the money spent in the last 5 years, they have underachieved enormously. 

They are second to the one club that has outspent them.  That they did badly for 3 years is clear.  And yes they may well finish 2nd.  Hard to criticise them for failing to do that in advance.

Zoowraa   
13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well yeah, his reputation is that high.  His and Peps and perhaps Conte's.  It's kind of like saying Ronaldo has to score 40 goals this season or his reputation will drop.

But I wouldn't like to spend every season betting against JM, must be very costly.

There is a strong correlation between hiring JM or Pep and spending ridiculous amounts on transfer fees in the next 2 years.  Of course there is.  https://xkcd.com/552/

Correlation

It must be a lonely place in that fan club these days, you and one other and the two of you don't get along lol ;)

2 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

It must be a lonely place in that fan club these days, you and one other and the two of you don't get along lol ;)

You'd be surprised.  There are thousands of Chelsea fans who are not bitter and twisted about JM.  I'm only rare in that I bother to write about him.  

BlueFizz   
40 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

To be frank mate, being favourite to finish second is not what Jose built his reputation on. He knows he’s blown this season unless they win the CL.

Andy Carroll’s chances of securing a move to Chelsea appear to have been dashed after a scan on Thursday is understood to have shown that the West Ham United striker has an ankle injury and is expected to be out for between four to six weeks.

However, West Ham fear that the injury could be even more serious - and if it requires surgery then Carroll may not play again for up to four months.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/18/andy-carroll-ankle-injury-could-scupper-chelsea-move-leave-west/