• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

27 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Yes. No reason for his agent to be there during transfer season - he’d be busy with other clients surely. 

More hope than expectation though. 

We don’t need back-up but a genuine alternative to rotate. 

You mean like Izzy Brown, just returned from a loan at Brighton?

Edited by Bob Singleton

jones   

https://t.co/QSaGm72rwo

Really like the thought of Edin Dzeko. No doubt has still got it. 29 goals and 12 assists in Serie A last season. "Only" 9 this season, and with Roma in tough financial situation, they may consider a sale the right option? Their future star Schick has just started to get going after his injury as well, so makes sense to give space to the next generation?

How much would Roma demand? Given they paid 9mp for him 18 months ago, a club in financial troubles should consider bids of 15-20mp, something I definitely think he is worth to us. Given the situation. But he is currently on 160k until 2020 by which he has turned 34. Major issue considering our policy. And how interested is he in moving now, meaning he will not be able to compete in the CL this season?

Will take a lot for this to happen. But he can come in and do a job for us right away, ease the burden on Morata, lead the line from start or come in to change games. For 15mp and 160k/w I would be all for it.

BlueFizz   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

To be frank, mate, Finishing second for the Man U of the last 5 years would be brilliant.  Being beaten by City is no disgrace.
Sure JM has a fantastic reputation for success, which is why he gets hired.  

If Messi gets 40 goals this season and finishes 2nd highest scorer to Ronaldo they'll be some people out their jumping with glee.  God knows why, Messi must have slept with an awful lot of wives and girlfriends.

Not arguing with your point - just saying that I suspect Jose would see 2nd as a personal failure. Never being happy with 2nd is what made him a serial winner.

1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

Morata is better than their current strikers.

Yeah he is lacking confidence and tired, and not taking chances. But his movement and link up play, his ability to get in those positions, is top class.

Just needs his confidence back and he’ll be fine.

The problem is in his head, not with his talent. He scored plenty of one on ones & goals with his feet at Madrid.

A run of 5/6 games without a goal doesn’t make him a bad player. Drogba, Costa, they both had them. Drogba in his first two seasons with us had about the same number of goals at this point.

Morata was always going to need a year. He has never played this many games in a season before so he is knackered. And he needs to build himself up a bit physically.

Next year, with a quality alternative to rotate or play with, he’ll be much improved.

And he does have 12 goals this season already. More will come.

So you keep mentioning. But what does that even mean? Bats has got 8 . Thats one every 50 mins on the pitch yet clearly he's not good enough. Morata had a little purple patch early in season where he was scoring almost every game. That seems a long time ago. Some of the chances he is missing now are unforgivable.

12 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

So you keep mentioning. But what does that even mean? Bats has got 8 . Thats one every 50 mins on the pitch yet clearly he's not good enough. Morata had a little purple patch early in season where he was scoring almost every game. That seems a long time ago. Some of the chances he is missing now are unforgivable.

I'd argue Giroud is as good or better than Morata , then they have Lacazette who's been played into a bad moment by the idiot Wenger and Wellbeck , I think the pair of them are as good if not better than Bats , just not as nice.

jones   

GUYS, there is a CF currently playing in one of the top 5 leagues, in his prime age, 18 goals so far this season, contract runs out in the summer so will not cost much. He has pace, strength, technique and lots of confidence. How come we have not been linked yet?

1 hour ago, jones said:

GUYS, there is a CF currently playing in one of the top 5 leagues, in his prime age, 18 goals so far this season, contract runs out in the summer so will not cost much. He has pace, strength, technique and lots of confidence. How come we have not been linked yet?

Balotelli?

I believe that had a few run ins with each other when Conte was national club. Antonio doesn't suffer fools lightly so there is probably your reason.

Edited by Lump Of Celery