• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

jones   
20 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Balotelli?

I believe that had a few run ins with each other when Conte was national club. Antonio doesn't suffer fools lightly so there is probably your reason.

Well played!

Peter Crouch now being linked. 

Peter ****ing Crouch.

Meanwhile Arsenal have Auba, Lazaette and Giroud. United have Lukaku, Sanchez, Ibra, and Rashford. City have Aguero and Jesus. 

I damn well hope they are going to spend big in the summer. Otherwise it'll be back to top 6 at most every year and maybe winning a cup. So damn sick of this garbage. 

Why not just promote Hudson-Adoi - he's much better than Crouch FFS. 

Vardy is gettable at £30 million. There's plenty of other strikers available. And what's worse is Conte seems to be driving this 'get a target man' player, not the club. If Conte is driving that, then he can sod off. We're Chelsea, not a league 1 bargain basement team. FFS. 

jones   

Peter Crouch. HAHAHAHAHAHA. This is comedy gold. What have we become? 

BUT, I actually quite like Crouch. Honest player. Down to earth guy. Can do a very specific job. And very little else. But has been around. 100+ PL goals. Bicycle kick goal in CL. Does the robot dance. Bring him in as a CF3, because it is clear as day we are looking at stop gap solutions only. Because: 1) We don't have anyone at the club in charge of transfers; 2) Prices for top players are inflated in January/clubs dont want to sell; 3) Conte will probably not be here in the summer. The alternative is going for a cheap low risk solution that injects us with a short term upgrade on Batshuayi. While I would love Dzeko, that probably will become too expensive for the club.

Anyway, if we replace Batshuayi and Musonda with Crouch and someone like Mahrez, I think we are better off. Hazard will effectively be our CF2, and Crouch can do a job from the bench. 

But if Crouch gets injured now, I suspect we go for Adebayo Akinfenwa. Not kidding.

To be fair to Balotelli when on the pitch he has always scored at a reasonable rate (more than 1 in 2, if you take out his Liverpool stint): 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2018/01/18/5a60efb0ca4741e5288b45cb.html

The real problem with him though is his mentality and whether you can be bothered with it. Personally, I would take him as I reckon he could turn out to be an Anelka type signing - seemingly all trouble with no direction but with a good goal scoring record - who we could get a decent 4-5 years out of now he is that bit older and a little more mature (well as much as he can ever be.)

2 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Peter ****ing Crouch.

I'll see your Peter ****ing Crouch, and raise you an Andy ****ing Carroll. 

2 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

We're Chelsea, not a league 1 bargain basement team. FFS. 

Maybe not League 1, but under the lovely Marina & Co we've certainly become 'bargain basement'.

14 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Peter Crouch now being linked. 

Peter ****ing Crouch.

Meanwhile Arsenal have Auba, Lazaette and Giroud. United have Lukaku, Sanchez, Ibra, and Rashford. City have Aguero and Jesus. 

I damn well hope they are going to spend big in the summer. Otherwise it'll be back to top 6 at most every year and maybe winning a cup. So damn sick of this garbage. 

Why not just promote Hudson-Adoi - he's much better than Crouch FFS. 

Vardy is gettable at £30 million. There's plenty of other strikers available. And what's worse is Conte seems to be driving this 'get a target man' player, not the club. If Conte is driving that, then he can sod off. We're Chelsea, not a league 1 bargain basement team. FFS. 

I would have thought you'd be in favour of Crouch. After all, as you are often so keen to point out regarding some other players, he was a Chelsea fan as a kid! (I may be wrong, but I even think you may have suggested Crouch as "a good signing" back in the summer. Thing is, I can't be bothered to re-read the 1000+ posts you wrote back in August!)

2 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

I'll see your Peter ****ing Crouch, and raise you an Andy ****ing Carroll. 

Maybe not League 1, but under the lovely Marina & Co we've certainly become 'bargain basement'.

Well both are as bad as each other. I never wanted Carroll. 

We don't need backup, we need a genuine alternative up front. Crouch is not that at all. Auba, Vardy would both give us that, and Dortmund even want Bats. But no, that's way too easy and simple and obvious for our useless board - and an owner who doesn't care anymore. 

If this is the type of player Conte wants us to get (and he apparently asked for a target man, and recommended some of these names), he can get out of my club right now. We're Chelsea, not flipping Barnsley. 

As for bargain basement - we did break our transfer record last summer and spent over £180 million. And I suspect, rationally thinking, we're looking to invest big in proper players in the summer, when we'll have a new manager. Our income will be much higher this financial year with new sponsorship, no payoffs, and CL football. We'd better spend on quality in the summer if we want to even remotely challenge.