• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

We don't need backup, we need a genuine alternative up front.

That would be nice, particularly as Morata is going through his 'couldn't hit a cow's arse' phase.

If this is the type of player Conte wants us to get (and he apparently asked for a target man, and recommended some of these names), he can get out of my club right now. 

That wonderfull catch-all, 'apparently'. According to who exactly? I can certainly understand him wanting a target man, but it;s a stretch from that to him wanting the likes of Carroll or Crouch. 

As for bargain basement - we did break our transfer record last summer and spent over £180 million.

I'm talking about this window, and the supposed 'strikers' we appear to be chasing. 

We'd better spend on quality in the summer if we want to even remotely challenge.

We'll see.

Rob B   

What on Earth is going on right now?!

Either buy someone half-decent eg in the Sanchez or Aubameyang mould, (not necessarily those two specifically) or save the money.  We’ve squandered far too much money of late on overpriced, average squad fillers (Zappacosta, Michy, Drinkwater, Baka) when we should be using the academy to make up the numbers and then spending big on players who are actually worth it. 

Ake, Traore, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek and Tammy could all have done a job for us this year, positions 15-20 ish in the squad  and would have saved us more money that what it cost to replace them (Baka and DD were £75m alone which would have bought us a superstar) 

Seriously, seriously don’t know what’s going on at the moment.  Tiny squad, not closing transfer targets in the summer, (Sandro, Barkley, Ox) and now being heavily linked with Carroll and Crouch in January. 

I’m usually very complimentary about us, and over past decade we’ve generally been very well run, on and off the pitch;  but right now, we’re a shambles.

Holymoly   

Crouch?!?

Who next? Defoe? Lambert? Heskey?

Seriously, update your copy of Football Manager!

Di Marzio of Sky Italy, who called the Sanchez and Aubameyang deals, reports we're making a double bid to Roma for Dzeko and Emerson, the LB. Apparently double bid worth 50 million Euros and Bats on loan. 

That wouldn't be so bad. Dzeko is still an excellent player, and Emerson is a top young LWB with potential. 

I met Peter Crouch years ago in a KFC off the M3 - really top bloke I asked if he would play for Chelsea and he said he might one day.  Looks like my dreams are coming true! Happy days.

kratos   
13 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Di Marzio of Sky Italy, who called the Sanchez and Aubameyang deals, reports we're making a double bid to Roma for Dzeko and Emerson, the LB. Apparently double bid worth 50 million Euros and Bats on loan. 

That wouldn't be so bad. Dzeko is still an excellent player, and Emerson is a top young LWB with potential. 

Dzeko would be perfect. Knows this league and where the back of the net is. He's not that fast but after seeing what he did to us in the group stage I'll take him in a second even at 31.

Dzeko would be a wonderful signing. Massively underrated when he was at City and I thought they were silly to let him go.  Probably too good to be true.

25 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

I met Peter Crouch years ago in a KFC off the M3 - really top bloke I asked if he would play for Chelsea and he said he might one day.

Sounds like a tall story to me 🙂

In other news, RLC has a major injury and may require surgery, may miss the World Cup. 

Bad news for him, been doing so well at Palace. If he does have surgery he'll probably come back here for treatment. Still back him to be in our first team squad next season. 

But Dzeko, yes. Genuine challenger for a starting spot. CL cup tied, so would start the games around the CL games possibly. Could also play with Morata in some games. Always liked him as a player.

jones   
30 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

That would be as good a deal as we can get. More info from Sky Italia:

#Chelsea have offered €50million for both Palmieri and Dzeko, but Roma are asking for a number of bonuses that would make the deal worth €65million. [Sky Italia]