• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Dzeko is 31. He's only going to papering over the cracks. Although he does appear to be reasonably injury free.

Not really sure what is papering over cracks. Quite simply, Dezko is a brilliant no.9. Would be a great signing. 

Ham   

No.  Not even as 3rd choice. He's 36 ffs! 

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Not really sure what is papering over cracks. Quite simply, Dezko is a brilliant no.9. Would be a great signing. 

Could we give a 31 year old an 18 month contract?

paulw66   

If we started next season with Morata, Dzeko and Abraham as our 3 strikers, that would be fantastic. 

paulw66   
Just now, chiswickblue said:

Could we give a 31 year old an 18 month contract?

?

Well we are not going to pay a big fee for him for 6 months, are we?

Hopefully there's truth in the Dzeko rumours. He's the best we've been linked with so far this window.

I see it as less papering over the cracks and more slotting in a brick that our builder inexplicably decided to leave out for months.

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Dzeko is 31. He's only going to papering over the cracks. Although he does appear to be reasonably injury free.

It would be papering over the cracks but remember he is not being considered as the primary striker. Its too much money being spoken about but as a cover he would not be here for many years but would be good cover for the next 2.

That said for 60m there must be a better younger option....dybala

13 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

If we started next season with Morata, Dzeko and Abraham as our 3 strikers, that would be fantastic. 

I posted on Tuesday that Dzeko would be a decent buy, therefore Morata and he would be two great options. Not sure on Tammy though, he'd get limited game time at a stage in his career where he needs to play regularly. Personally I'm not sure that he'll ever be good enough at the very top level. If we were going with a third striker with something slightly different and that would benefit from being a regular first team squad member, I'd stay in-house and stick Callum Hudson-Odoi in. He'd get bit parts of games/cup games and could also get regular game time with the development teams/U23's.

Looks to have real potential to me to develop into a first team player.

Ham   
4 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

It would be papering over the cracks but remember he is not being considered as the primary striker. Its too much money being spoken about but as a cover he would not be here for many years but would be good cover for the next 2.

That said for 60m there must be a better younger option....dybala

They're apparently only asking for €65 for Dzeko and Palmieri. 

Just now, Ham said:

They're apparently only asking for €65 for Dzeko and Palmieri. 

I read 87m euro in total but if your numbers are closer it would be circa 25 for Palmeri making Dzeko a 40m punt for 18 months.