• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

exiledblue    50
3 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

You could doubke that and they still probably wouldn't sell him.

yes, sure you are right. He is destined for Spain all South Americans see that as their Mecca

xCELERYx    132
3 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

yes, sure you are right. He is destined for Spain all South Americans see that as their Mecca

Both Barca and Madrid have already made attempts to lure him away. He'll probably end up at one or the other eventually given that a Juve aren't afraid of selling big players if the money is right. 

NoblyBobly    374
26 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5374132/chelsea-transfer-ban-fifa-investigation/

IF there is any truth in this the club should be going all out to fill our boots now as RM etc have done in the past.

Absolutely. However it feels like a new manager is coming in the summer and the club wants to blow all it's money then (very deja vu feeling to that). However however! What manager is going to want to come here if he can't buy/oversee any new players on his arrival? ...actually that's a silly question coz for 5 mill a year there would be plenty.

NoblyBobly    374
3 hours ago, exiledblue said:

Arsene seems happy to part with Giroud, great choice for us

My nephew works in PR/advertising and has much contact with Giroud. Apparently my nephew says he is a complete .unt (and my nephew is a gooner). Not a bad player though.

Rob B    98

I keep reading we’re skint and that something’s going on behind the scenes;  but if we were genuinely skint, why would we even buy Carroll or Crouch in the first place?  You’d surely just stick with Michy.

As for Dzeko, he would be a brilliant signing. Would actually be one of my higher choices for 2nd/3rd choice striker as I’ve always rated him. 

can't see it happening mind you. I have a feeling we’re done for January 

paulw66    523
10 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I keep reading we’re skint and that something’s going on behind the scenes;  but if we were genuinely skint, why would we even buy Carroll or Crouch in the first place?  You’d surely just stick with Michy.

As for Dzeko, he would be a brilliant signing. Would actually be one of my higher choices for 2nd/3rd choice striker as I’ve always rated him. 

can't see it happening mind you. I have a feeling we’re done for January 

There is a difference between being skint, and being prudent enough not to spend circa £150m on a 29 year old. 

NoblyBobly    374
1 hour ago, Leo91 said:

It would actually be a laugh if we did sign Crouch. I'm up for it.

Pull out the rope!!

Ex Chelsea ball boy... 

...people won't laugh at us will they?

Rob B    98

Presume you’re referring to Sanchez who I never mentioned??  My point is if things are difficult behind the scenes, why are we even bothering to replace Michy?  Can sort of understand loaning him out for his development and to play regularly if money isn’t a problem,  but if things are genuinely tight,  keep him where he is, keep Rahman, and review in the summer.  Because the gain really isn’t enough

6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

There is a difference between being skint, and being prudent enough not to spend circa £150m on a 29 year old. 

Going half-assed for past it players like Crouch and Carroll (who were only average at their peak) is just a waste of money we probably can’t afford to blow. 

Edited by Rob B

Bob Singleton    228
1 hour ago, Ham said:

They're apparently only asking for €65 for Dzeko and Palmieri. 

Indeed. I read we'd offered €50m for the two, but Roma wanted an extra €15m (either straight cash or add-ons I'm unsure as various sources suggest differing story lines)

exiledblue    50
7 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Indeed. I read we'd offered €50m for the two, but Roma wanted an extra €15m (either straight cash or add-ons I'm unsure as various sources suggest differing story lines)

plus bats

Interestingly the Italian press say Roma are not open to discussing Dzeko but Palmieri can be done quickly

Edited by exiledblue