• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

I’m certain the real investment will come in the summer, in younger players like Bailey, Thorgan Hazard etc. Bring RLC and Tammy back. 

If we get a transfer ban it’s honeslty not a problem.

We have so much quality on loan we could handle it. RLC, Van Ginkel in midfield, Musonda as AM, Tammy Abraham & Hudson Adoi up front. Sterling as RWB. 

Ironically, a transfer ban probably wouldn’t hurt us as much as it would 10 years ago.

Not having a go at you, but the papers are being lazy calling it a potential "transfer ban". Like the 3 before (Barca, Real and AM) it would be a REGISTRATION ban. We could buy as we please, we could re-call players from loans; but we wouldn't be able to register them during any potential ban period.

Anyway, let's not worry about such things just now. It took almost 3 years between the start of the investigation and the start of Barca's ban, so it's not going to happen this summer.

1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

I’m certain the real investment will come in the summer, in younger players like Bailey, Thorgan Hazard etc. Bring RLC and Tammy back. 

If we get a transfer ban it’s honeslty not a problem.

We have so much quality on loan we could handle it. RLC, Van Ginkel in midfield, Musonda as AM, Tammy Abraham & Hudson Adoi up front. Sterling as RWB. 

Ironically, a transfer ban probably wouldn’t hurt us as much as it would 10 years ago.

I find it surprising that you say this James when you've so consistently stressed how much we need to spend big money and buy for so long now.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Not really sure what is papering over cracks. Quite simply, Dezko is a brilliant no.9. Would be a great signing. 

2 goals in last 16 games

76 goals in 4 years at Chity

paulw66   
9 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

2 goals in last 16 games

76 goals in 4 years at Chity

I am not sure how fair comparing a run of 16 games is with a 4 year period (it was 4.5)

72 goals in 4.5 seasons at City

61 goals in 2.5 seasons at Roma

1 hour ago, exiledblue said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5374132/chelsea-transfer-ban-fifa-investigation/

IF there is any truth in this the club should be going all out to fill our boots now as RM etc have done in the past.

Why?

We have Tammy Abraham, Hudson-Adoi, Charly Musonda, Dujon Sterling, Ruben Loftus Cheek,  Van Ginkel (11 goals this season already), Zouma. And likely another LWB and striker this window. 

All these players are good enough to compete for a first team place, if given a chance. Certainly good enough to be part of our first team squad, right now. 

Transfer ban would mean the manager has to give young players a chance, finally, to show how good they are. It wouldn't be a catastrophe at all - I mean we have about 34 players out on loan FFS, and our first team in itself is good

Morata, Hazard, Barkley, Moses, Kante, Fabregas, Alonson, Dave, Christensen, Rudiger, Courtois. 

Then you have new striker, new LWB, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, RLC, Cahill, Luiz, Ampadu, Zouma, Tammy Abraham, Musonda, Sterling and the two backup keepers.

That's a first team squad of 26, mostly young players, but with enough experience. 

I suspect we'd get a ban winter next year and summer next year. So we'd still have this summer anyway to get in anyone else - maybe replacement for Pedro, another AM like Bailey/Hazard (or both), maybe another CB instead of Zouma. 

We can still have players on loan and recall them too - that's not a transfer after all. 

It really wouldn't be a catastrophe if we got a transfer ban. One things for sure, it would help the club's finances lol. 

14 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

I find it surprising that you say this James when you've so consistently stressed how much we need to spend big money and buy for so long now.

Ideally, you'd have big players plus academy products. Right now we probably need a couple of big players. But yes, I'd love a manager to actually believe in the youth and give them a chance. I could get behind that, even if we didn't win anything - because with young players it might take a year or two to mature to be ready. But we have enough experience around them probably. 

1 minute ago, James Prescott said:

Why?

We have Tammy Abraham, Hudson-Adoi, Charly Musonda, Dujon Sterling, Ruben Loftus Cheek,  Van Ginkel (11 goals this season already), Zouma. And likely another LWB and striker this window. 

All these players are good enough to compete for a first team place, if given a chance. Certainly good enough to be part of our first team squad, right now. 

Transfer ban would mean the manager has to give young players a chance, finally, to show how good they are. It wouldn't be a catastrophe at all - I mean we have about 34 players out on loan FFS, and our first team in itself is good

Morata, Hazard, Barkley, Moses, Kante, Fabregas, Alonson, Dave, Christensen, Rudiger, Courtois. 

Then you have new striker, new LWB, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, RLC, Cahill, Luiz, Ampadu, Zouma, Tammy Abraham, Musonda, Sterling and the two backup keepers.

That's a first team squad of 26, mostly young players, but with enough experience. 

I suspect we'd get a ban winter next year and summer next year. So we'd still have this summer anyway to get in anyone else - maybe replacement for Pedro, another AM like Bailey/Hazard (or both), maybe another CB instead of Zouma. 

We can still have players on loan and recall them too - that's not a transfer after all. 

It really wouldn't be a catastrophe if we got a transfer ban. One things for sure, it would help the club's finances lol. 

I just dont understand you. You come on this thread every window and throw names, quotes and complaints around like confetti in the wind.

When we are not buying we are the worst club in the world, when UEFA says we can't buy thats not a bad thing.

How would having perhaps a 2 window ban ever be considered a good thing?

54 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

My nephew works in PR/advertising and has much contact with Giroud. Apparently my nephew says he is a complete .unt (and my nephew is a gooner). Not a bad player though.

He's complete and utter French . Same thing , I'd have him in a heartbeat though.

1 minute ago, James Prescott said:

Why?

Tammy barely good enough for Swansea, Hudson Adoi never played an adult game and AC has said isn't near making the step up yet, same for Sterling, Musonda hasn't competed for a first team place this season, RLC currently a bench option, Van Ginkel I would be interested to see how he does back at Chelsea but we have probably filled his spot with Barkley, Zouma is probably 6th choice out of our current selection of CB's.

Some serious investment would be needed if we were expecting a transfer ban, particularly in the most expensive positions to fill AM and CF. Also if Tibo and Eden haven't signed new contracts and are in their last year when we get the ban then we would probably have to sell or lose them for nothing leaving us absolutely screwed.