• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

15 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Merci for the fix and the info. If I understand you correctly you're saying that he's consistently inconsistent?

Indeed I am.

Emerson is an excellent option at LWB. Seen as the successor to Sandro at Juve. Had good breakout season recently. Only 23. Good long term signing if we get him.

Dzeko seems like its off sadly. Shame, was a good option.

Benteke seems the latest option linked. Honestly do rate him. Good option from the bench, on his day a very good player, holds up the ball well and can score. 

Also good friends with Hazard, which is a good thing. 

Definitely better than Crouch. Still hoping for Vardy myself.

Edited by James Prescott

1 hour ago, PeteRobbo said:

So that wouldn't be further of evidence of us becoming "Penny Pinching United" then? It sounds like mixed messages to me.

I do think a truly world class signing is useful at times, where you don’t have young talent coming through and to improve.

But if the club came out and said they were going to give academy players a chance as there are enough ready, and made that clear and hired a manager who shared that vision (Jardim from Monaco would be perfect), I would be OK with that.

But you always want to bring quality in where and if you can. Chelsea seem to be looking with their long term signings to be getting younger talent, we’ve been linked with Hazard (24), Bailey (17-18) & Richarlison (20) in the summer - all would improve us. We need more depth and more competition for places.

If we only bought one or two of those three and maybe a CB in the summer, and brought back Tammy, RLC and promoted Musonda (properly, not as a backup), Sterling and maybe even Hudson-Adoi, I think we’d do well with that squad, around the squad we already have and will have by end of Jan.

We need a manager bold enough to do it, who has done it before and won things and kept them competitive. Jardim has done that at Monaco. 

It would get the fans behind the team, and you would have players who have been here their whole career, won trophies at junior level, know each other and have a long term commitment to the club. 

It would definitely excite me to see how they got on. 

4 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Benteke would genuinely be the worst of the lot. The guy doesn’t move!!  Been dreadful for years now 

Feet like concrete posts drilled into the turf , if you can find him , he'll nod it in but he won't run for it. Like JFH when his knees went (minus the goals).

Cavani fed up at PSG apparently. 

Juventus interested , no mention of Chelsea who're still trying to tie down Crouch / Benteke .

2 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Naingolan also didn't want to leave Rome . Currently practising with chopsticks.

15 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Naingolan also didn't want to leave Rome . Currently practising with chopsticks.

Only took him 18 months to change his mind, perhaps we'll be back in for Dzeko summer 19

9 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Only took him 18 months to change his mind, perhaps we'll be back in for Dzeko summer 19

Won't need him by then, Grant Holt would have had enough time to properly integrate.

• Haha 1