• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Speaking of Lamberts, Rickie Lambert would also fit the profile of player we are looking for. Over 6ft, past it, used to play for Liverpool - just like Carroll, Benteke, and Crouch

Ali G? (he's really tall init?) 

2 hours ago, Original 21 said:

A ban can’t come soon enough given some of the players we've been linked with.

At least it would mean we won't sell Hazard next window for £25 mill to the first person that asks.

5 hours ago, James Prescott said:

I do think a truly world class signing is useful at times, where you don’t have young talent coming through and to improve.

But if the club came out and said they were going to give academy players a chance as there are enough ready, and made that clear and hired a manager who shared that vision (Jardim from Monaco would be perfect), I would be OK with that.

But you always want to bring quality in where and if you can. Chelsea seem to be looking with their long term signings to be getting younger talent, we’ve been linked with Hazard (24), Bailey (17-18) & Richarlison (20) in the summer - all would improve us. We need more depth and more competition for places.

If we only bought one or two of those three and maybe a CB in the summer, and brought back Tammy, RLC and promoted Musonda (properly, not as a backup), Sterling and maybe even Hudson-Adoi, I think we’d do well with that squad, around the squad we already have and will have by end of Jan.

We need a manager bold enough to do it, who has done it before and won things and kept them competitive. Jardim has done that at Monaco. 

It would get the fans behind the team, and you would have players who have been here their whole career, won trophies at junior level, know each other and have a long term commitment to the club. 

It would definitely excite me to see how they got on. 

Well I'm certainly with you there James. I'd like to see them given their chance too.

36 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Wow. We can't even get this Crouch deal over the line. Shambles....

For the life of me, I can't understand why we'd be even remotely interested in Peter Crouch. He's 36 and well past his prime. Has to be a joke, surely? Crouch, Benteke, Carroll & Liorente - makes for pretty ugly reading, imo. 

xCELERYx   
4 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Have just looked at Palmieri's career stats - 3 goals and 4 assists across 65 appearances. I appreciate those numbers aren't the be all and end all of the position but they don't fill me with confidence.

Although it's not always an accurate representation of a player, I'd recommend hitting up YouTube to check out his 16/17 clips. You'll get a glimpse of what he's all about and being an alternative to Alonso with something different. Watched a few Roma games last year and he was often a bright point. 

Di Marzio/Sky Italy saying Dzeko has said yes to Chelsea, clubs working on a combined £50 million deal for him and Emerson. 

Looks like it’s Dzeko. Pleased with that.

Barkley, Dzeko and Emerson is a good window. All quality players, and could be here beyond this season.