• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Kezza   
1 hour ago, kratos said:

Not going to lose much sleep over Golovin, I don't really get the hype with him. I don't remember there being a lot of good Russian footballers since Kanchelskis and maybe Mostovoi.

Aren't many good Egyptian or Algerian too. Not being a lot of good footballers in the past, how does that affect what Golovin does or what he is capable of? England has a rich history of good footballers. Do they produce nearly enough great players today?

In any case any technical players would help the team in numbers immensely at this point. We don't have time to identify or try for any other harder to get targets.

26 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Why Pjanic or Golovin. We actually need both. Wish the club would stop toying around and seal these deals.

I agree. I have been saying for years our biggest problem has been our CM as we do not have enough goals in there or players to keep hold of the ball. For me of the current lot Kante and Cesc are the only ones that deserve a place in the squad that wants to be top four.

Zidane   

Not sure where everyone is reading this about Golovin?

It's the 21st July , the transfer window closes on August 9th .

I don't think we have the time to get all the deals we want to conclude done , not at  the speed the board are going .

transfer latest:  Golovin, Rugani deals dead in the water, transfer comittee unable to reach agreements with either club.

Higuan  is likely but will go to the last minute of the window.

Will likely to be Chelsea's only further signing after the arrival of Jorginho however if Courtois is to leave for the agreed 30 million to Madrid, the board will sanction the arrival of Joe Hart from Manchester City.

Forza Saari!

If the window closes having lost Costa, Willian, Hazard, Courtois and Morata all the space of a year and also only bringing in Jorginho, a GK, and a replacement CF then the person in charge of transfers has to be fired. And it’s not even up for discussion IMO. 

I would classify that as clear evidence of the club being unable to negotiate/close deals - especially comparing it to the transfer record prior to last summer’s window.

We are quite clearly behind Liverpool who are definitely supposed to improve, and we were already behind United and City. Tottenham are the only ones that we might be better than in terms of squad, and that won’t be true anymore if we lose Courtois, Hazard, Willian and Morata IMO.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

If the window closes having lost Costa, Willian, Hazard, Courtois and Morata all the space of a year and also only bringing in Jorginho,

If.  But right now it is Costa out, Morata, Giroud and Jorginho in.    You could add JT and Matic out, but also half a dozen defenders in.  

Jorginho in, no one out, is actually better than most PL clubs.

Sure it is much much harder to do deals right now.  Plenty of clubs have as much or more money than we do.  And it is not as though this is our moment to make some final tweaks to a PL winning squad.  That was 2 to 4 years ago, and maybe 2 to 4 years into the future.

Funny that Liverpool think their moment is now.

48 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

If.  But right now it is Costa out, Morata, Giroud and Jorginho in.    You could add JT and Matic out, but also half a dozen defenders in.  

Jorginho in, no one out, is actually better than most PL clubs.

Sure it is much much harder to do deals right now.  Plenty of clubs have as much or more money than we do.  And it is not as though this is our moment to make some final tweaks to a PL winning squad.  That was 2 to 4 years ago, and maybe 2 to 4 years into the future.

Funny that Liverpool think their moment is now.

Oh, I don’t think there is anything funny about that. 

They have now got a very good group of players, with a few world class ones, and a very attack-minded manager. 

Objectively speaking, they really should do very well.

• Like 1