• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Just now, synavm said:

It's not, though. United's net spend over the past three years must be what? Half a billion? A few hundred million in the three or four seasons before that? For a club of United's size, history and stature, spending that amount and coming out of it with a League Cup and a Europa League is a poor result. 

Did they spend more than City?  How much of the spend was under JM rather than others?  And most important did all that spending result in any improvement before 17/18?

As you imply there was plenty of spending at Man U by plenty of manages in plenty of years.  Only one good season post SAF though.  First time since SAF that they have had a return from investment!

Zidane   

Goddamnit, Jose talk again. 

41 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

That doesn't make sense to me.  Of course an objective view is possible.  To deny it is a very very slippery slope into a world of PR run media.

On what you're saying, which is 'Man U had a great season last season', that is not an objective viewpoint not a subjective viewpoint. Objective is fact, subjective is an opinion. It's not factual that Manchester United had a great season last season, as others, including myself, don't see it as a great season.

JM has never gone to a club as poor as Man U were in 15/16.

They'd just won the F.A Cup, a trophy I'd prefer to over the League Cup and Europa League.

Since Uniao de Leiria he has always gone to clubs challenging for the title.

Point taken in terms of league standings, but stature, resources and expectations United are at the very top.

They are a big club now, significantly better than Spurs or 'pool about whom we hear such great things.

They were a big club when he joined. We hear great things about Spurs and Liverpool because they are smaller clubs with less resources, so for them to achieve a top 4 finish or a Champions League final is a success for them.

Apologies, I'll stop with Jose talk.

Edited by Carefree1991

It really is boring keep reading about JM and Man U on our transfer thread, get your own topic and stick with it please.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Carefree1991 said:

On what you're saying, which is 'Man U had a great season last season', that is not an objective viewpoint but a subjective viewpoint. Objective is fact, subjective is an opinion. It's not factual that Manchester United had a great season last season, as others, including myself, don't see it as a great season.

Then one of us is being irrational.

18 minutes ago, Carefree1991 said:

Point taken in terms of league standings, but stature, resources and expectations United are at the very top.

Where have you been for 5 years?  In resources and expectations, they are 2nd by a long way to Man City.  Stature means sweet FA.

By JM's standards, Man U is by far far the weakest club he has taken since pre- Porto.

Chelsea pre- JM

image.png.3a760af627f860ba4afac520ea02ab2f.png

Man U pre JM

image.png.b38756fc4746a4145d179635feb58002.png

And I advise you not to bother looking up Porto, RM or Inter pre-JM seasons.

I guess you are saying that JM is a genius and had failed to be a genius at Man U - which might be true but doesn't make last season a non-success.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Can anyone really say Jose was our best manager given his transfer record,  can he ever be forgiven for the sale of Maniche?

4 minutes ago, Phoenix Blue said:

It really is boring keep reading about JM and Man U on our transfer thread, get your own topic and stick with it please.

Agreed. Go somewhere else to do this if you must.

4 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

Exactly. Pulisic would be worth breaking the bank for, not Richarlison. Zaha would be another good option. Either should be in addition to Hazard, Willian, Pedro and Hudson-Odoi, not as s replacement.

I suppose the pool of AMs is something like Pulisic, Bailey, Martial and Zaha. Maybe we can prise one of them away, but not two. We simply must keep two out of Kanté, Willian and Hazard.

1 hour ago, samhoward17 said:

Barcelona have reportedly just signed Brazilian right winger Malcom for around €41million. Could this mean an end to the Willian rumours? If we keep Hazard, Willian and Pedro and add one more then this could end up being a very good summer. My main hope was for a few quality additions and to keep our best players. Courtois whilst a very good player is easier to replace than any of our attacking midfielders or Kante. 

Wasn't this Malcolm dude rumoured to move somewhere else yesterday? 

3 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Wasn't this Malcolm dude rumoured to move somewhere else yesterday? 

Malcolm was seen, boarding pass in hand, heading towards the gate for his flight to Roma but apparently he was not seen ahoard the plane instead diverted by forces unknown towards another destination.