• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Ham   
7 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

1) Absolute BS

2) the longest shot was Roman coming over the horizon and making chelsea a world wide brand. 

For which I will always be great full regardless of what the future holds. 

1) Nice reasoned argument.  Leicester winning the prem in the current environment was head and shoulders the greatest managerial achievement. 

2) You sound like a scouser.  We weren't already winning trophies for the previous 7 years and qualifying for the CL before he arrived? 

We aren't Citeh.  Now that was a turd that polished up well 

Between you, Kezza and Gormless Gorman we don't really need banter from oppo fans. You all seem to genuinely hate the club. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ham said:

1) Nice reasoned argument.  Leicester winning the prem in the current environment was head and shoulders the greatest managerial achievement. 

2) You sound like a scouser.  We weren't already winning trophies for the previous 7 years and qualifying for the CL before he arrived? 

We aren't Citeh.  Now that was a turd that polished up well 

Between you, Kezza and Gormless Gorman we don't really need banter from oppo fans. You all seem to genuinely hate the club. 

How many of those were under Raneri?

Please read the full discussion before posting one eyed answers. 

Ronald McDonald lives on. 

I can only assume that those that are angry and upset have different expectations than others.

If you expect us to challenge  for the league next year then I can understand you don't think we are good enough.

If like me, you would be happy with getting back in the top 4 then I'd imagine most will think we are good enough for that.

I'm really looking forward to watching us next year. Last season was the first time in years that I didn't look forward to going to games. It was absolutely awful. I completely lost the buzz. I can't wait for the season to start now and am thoroughly looking forward to it.

Yes, we could do with two or three new players but if we keep what we have, with the addition of Jorginho and Sarri as manager we will be far better than last year.

If we assume our first 11 will be something like this.

Courtois 

Azpilicueta Luiz Rudiger Alonso 

Kante Jorginho Fabregas

Willian Morata Hazard

And Sarri gets us playing the way he wants then we will be very good and very exciting to watch.

To improve that first 11 is not easy and very expensive. I'd love to see is sign a world class box to box midfielder and another top quality AM but if it doesn't happen then so be it. We have enough quality to achieve what we need to next season and we go from there.

With Ampadu, Mount, Loftus Cheek, Hudson Odi and Abraham we have some incredibly exciting youth players that are either ready now or soon will be. 

It's an exciting time,  I really can't get my head around some of the negativity. 

paulw66   

Shame what this forum has deteriorated into. It's like being on a constant Twitter feed where any reasoned discussion turns into name calling. 

Zidane   

Higuain has been SACKED as our marquee signing of the summer. More to follow. 

55 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Leicester winning the league in 2016 was a much longer shot than anything in my lifetime. 

Personally I enjoyed that immensely . I was really really happy for Claudio .

And it was an amazing feat too.

Leo91   

Well said Martin. Our first eleven with everyone firing is enough to challenge everyone bar Man City. That's why what happened last season under Conte was so disappointing. There was a lot more to give in the team and Conte just couldn't muster it out of them as he did the year before. How on earth Man Utd finished second was a travesty as they were shocking. 

Edited by Leo91

3 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Well said Martin. Our first eleven with everyone firing is enough to challenge everyone bar Man City. That's why what happened last season under Conte was so disappointing. There was a lot more in the team. How on earth Man Utd finished second was a travesty as they were shocking. 

Agree completely.

I'd just add that now, even with a disappointing window, our bench could be something like Caballero, Zappacosta, Christensen,  Drinkwater, Loftus Cheek, Pedro and Giroud.

That still leaves Moses, Zouma, Cahill, Barkley, Emerson, Bakayoko and Batshuayi plus Ampadu, Hudson Odi and Abraham.

Whatever anyone wants to think we have a very good 11 and a lot of depth now. 

I think we would all agree there is a couple of areas we could improve on but our squad is looking quite promising in my opinion. 

I think we have the second best starting 11 in the league and a much better overall squad than everyone but United and City.

BlueFizz   
24 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Agree completely.

I'd just add that now, even with a disappointing window, our bench could be something like Caballero, Zappacosta, Christensen,  Drinkwater, Loftus Cheek, Pedro and Giroud.

That still leaves Moses, Zouma, Cahill, Barkley, Emerson, Bakayoko and Batshuayi plus Ampadu, Hudson Odi and Abraham.

Whatever anyone wants to think we have a very good 11 and a lot of depth now. 

I think we would all agree there is a couple of areas we could improve on but our squad is looking quite promising in my opinion. 

I think we have the second best starting 11 in the league and a much better overall squad than everyone but United and City.

Agree with this and other positive posts. Also, a lot of these players still have the potential to improve.

What’s more, I’m not going to apologise for being ‘happy clappy’ - it’s come to something when we feel the need to explain optimism. In fact, I call on the pessimists/doom merchants to apologise for being ‘whingers’ - and project fear propogators.

19 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Really?  We have 3 great players:  Azpi, Kante, Hazard (who cost a fortune).  Then Willian and Fabregas are ageing but still pretty good.  Everything else looks pretty average to me unless Jorginho turns out to be a big upgrade on Fabregas.  Pedro, Luiz and Cahill should get squeezed out soon anyway on age.  Rudiger looks 2 years short of being a great player.  Christensen 3 or 4 years short, CHO and Ampadu 5 or 6 years short.  Then there are 10 or so players who don't form the past, the present nor the future.  

Liverpool, Spurs and Man U all have much more exciting lineups IMO.  And they are all 3 on the way up with momentum, not in turnaround.

We are in a turnaround situation, so the overly young and overly old don't bother me that much.  It is the not good enough at their peak that bother me (Baka, Morata, Bats, Emerson, Moses, Drinkwater, Zappa, Barkley).  But it does seem to me that 3 teams are going to fight for 2nd place and we will be fighting with Arsenal for 5th.