• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

King Kante    111
1 hour ago, gtiboy said:

It's that very reason we should never of sold Costa. What was Chelsea thinking.

I do not know. I have vivid memories of how me an Droy where two of a very few posters that had to defend Costa quite a lot, as people on here always complained about him being a 'half a season player'. 

Edited by Conte Kante

kratos    63
38 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

I do not know. I have vivid memories of how me an Droy where two of a very few posters that had to defend Costa quite a lot, as people on here always complained about him being a 'half a season player'. 

Better a half season player than a no season player.

Bob Singleton    228
46 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

When a player who provides some good memories and some bad memories is compared to a player who only leaves bad memories, then the former will always seem so much better than the reality because of the latter.

2 hours ago, exiledblue said:

shame because there was a day that sun/NOTW were great for sport scoops. Now when you look their site is dysfunctional and full of contradictions.

End of the day anyone can link us to 5 keepers/coaches/strikers etc and one will likely be right

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Yes, phone hacking wasn't just about dead schoolgirls!

Bob is right there.  But proper reporting has been disappearing for years.  All newspapers are now are mouthpieces for the better journalists who go off to PR companies and feed them with stories to put out as their own.

57 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Well yes - shock horror a striker scores more in one half than another - pretty much guaranteed in football.  But the sad thing is was the effort he put into every game was ignored by some who just felt obliged to follow their master's voice.

Mark Kelly    927
11 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Bob is right there.  But proper reporting has been disappearing for years.  All newspapers are now are mouthpieces for the better journalists who go off to PR companies and feed them with stories to put out as their own.

Well yes - shock horror a striker scores more in one half than another - pretty much guaranteed in football.  But the sad thing is was the effort he put into every game was ignored by some who just felt obliged to follow their master's voice.

No.

The sad thing was that despite the Chelsea fans singing his name and taking him to their hearts and generally loving him , he decided he wanted to go back to Athletic Madrid by hook or by crook.

Conte has his part in the blame for sure ( and paid for it with his job by all reports )  but Costa has to shoulder the lions share of the blame there. 

I'm reticent to get involved in this malarky again though as nobody here ever agrees about it.

Edited by Mark Kelly

exiledblue    50
2 hours ago, kratos said:

More like what was Conte thinking?

Also Costa was always set on returning to Madrid, if it hadn't happened when it did it always was going to happen. Courtois is the same.

4 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Also Costa was always set on returning to Madrid, if it hadn't happened when it did it always was going to happen. Courtois is the same.

If it hadn't happened when it did ...   ... it would have happened one or two years earlier?

Like Drogba was always going to leave to go back to Marseille.

Kezza    62

Sarri is not worried about Morata. Let's hope his faith is repaid. Hopefully it won't be like Conte's faith in Bakayoko.

Bob Singleton    228
25 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Sarri is not worried about Morata. Let's hope his faith is repaid. Hopefully it won't be like Conte's faith in Bakayoko.

He's hardly going to say in a post match interview to some TV reporter "Oh my God!!! Did you see how awful he was? As soon as we can sell him, he's out!" It would hardly make selling him easy, it would further reduce what little value he still has, and if we end up stuck with him and having to play him this will hardly constitute a boost to his already fragile, if not non-existent, confidence.