• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

18 minutes ago, CFCnet Admin said:

That's another transfer target off the summer shortlist then it seems - we really need that Rugani deal to happen. Read more: https://www.CFCnet.co.uk/chelsea-frustrated-ac-milan-close-on-mattia-caldara/

A ball playing CB is the last of our worries.

Who is CFCnet Admin these days?
Pete's name seems to have been dropped so I guess it isn't him.

BlueFizz   
2 hours ago, Kezza said:

Sarri is not worried about Morata. Let's hope his faith is repaid. Hopefully it won't be like Conte's faith in Bakayoko.

There is 'I'm not worried about Morata' in the sense that he is fully confident in his ability and believes his form will pick up.

There is also 'I'm not worried about Morata' in the sense that he isn't central to my plans going forward and the sooner we offload him the better.

Either way, it seems Sarri (in his still limited English) chose to be diplomatically enigmatic.

BlueFizz   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

A ball playing CB is the last of our worries.

Who is CFCnet Admin these days?
Pete's name seems to have been dropped so I guess it isn't him.

Agreed.

I love the way that our failure to sign (if we even ever try to sign) players who don't appear to be significantly better than some we already have, is always greeted by some as yet another failure - still, at least no one is saying it's a 'snub' yet.

To fail to sign an okay player is always catastrophic - to be snubbed by an okay player quite literally signals the collapse of our once great club.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl-YP70ATLS/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_loading_state_control

willianborges88In the recent days I have been informed that a “letter of authorization for player agent FIFA”, allegedly signed in my name has been circulated through the football market. 
In such letter, Mr. Denirobson Dias would grant an authorization to Mr. Renee Pinheiro Anunciação to represent me until 15 August 2018, throughout football clubs in the United Kingdom and France.
I would like to clarify that I never signed such letter, the content of which I completely deny.
Finally, since there seem to be clear evidence that my signature has been forged, or anyway misused, I hereby inform that my lawyers are already instructed to proceed with all appropriate legal measures before any competent courts or authorities.
I hope I have clarified the matter and any possible misunderstanding. 
Willian Borges da Silva

So hopefully there has been no actual Willian deal, just a few non-agents trying to make something happen.  I'd hope so.
But then I'd be happier when I see photos of him back at Cobham.  Apparently he reported back yesterday.  

10 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

We desperately need a striker. Morata is 3rd choice and a poor one. Completely and utterly useless.

Out of curiosity, and not a dig, when did this become your view on Morata? May be confusing you for someone else, but thought you were a big fan.

I think he's a good footballer, but (and I hesitate to say this because it's generally an unfair and sh*tty criticism) an absolute footballing coward.

46 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I think he's a good footballer, but (and I hesitate to say this because it's generally an unfair and sh*tty criticism) an absolute footballing coward.

I agree and not all good footballers are cut out for the Prem. I hated seeing him on his arse complaining against a foul not given. Undoubtedly talented but a bit too lightweight and now lacking confidence.

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Out of curiosity, and not a dig, when did this become your view on Morata? May be confusing you for someone else, but thought you were a big fan.

No your right, I've said for a while that I think he is an incredibly talented footballer and I still do but have come to the conclusion that something is not right with him and he will never be good enough.

He just hasn't got what it takes mentally to be a top level footballer, which is a real shame as, like I say, I think he's very talented.