• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

7 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

DD is a better option than Baka, given he can make 5 yard passes. Unless we're wasting more money on a reserve CM I'd loan Baka and keep DD. We won't get our money back in any case.

I'd offer Moses to Palace, possibly with Tammy on loan too.

Yeah, as much as he was not the right purchase, DD can still play a role as a CM5/6. For me, he is currently the best option, footballing wise, we have to replace Kante if/when he needs a break. Some people may say Amapadu but I cannot see it as he more suited to sitting in the Jorginho position further back. 

5 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Zaha, Hazard, Willian, Pedro and CHO would put us in a very decent position heading into the new season IMO. 

Pedro has looked very sharp in pre season so far, and will make a fine option for us again this season.

There is no question about it though, that we have to match City in terms of number options at least (De Bruyne, Sterling, Sane, Mahrez and Silva) if we want to have any chance of catching them.

I think that, at the moment, we are closer to competing with Liverpool (Mane, Firminho and Salah), Tottenham (Erikssen, Alli, Son) and possibly even United than we are to even consider catching City.

Yeah, I would go with this. I think Bailey and Pusilic would bith suit Sarri-ball more, however I think we may see Wilf get moved into the middle - although his finishing is very erratic. I just hope we do not spend £60m+ on him as there are players such as Malcolm going for a lot less. 

BlueFizz   
3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I was, but no longer , it's not talent , he has that , makes all the right runs , it's desire , he doesn't like having to work for it or for other people to try stopping him .

If he stops flopping around like a baby seal and moaning to the ref and gets a bit more cute about things then maybe .

I think Michy will prove more valuable in "Sarri-ball" and to be displaced by a striker as one dimensional as Michy should be a wake up call for anyone.

Do you think Morata lacks desire?

I'm not sure. I think he has a surfeit of desire, combined with an absolute lack of confidence.

Every time I watched him last season and from what I've seen of him in pre-season, he puts in the effort, desperately desires to do well, but due to failures - e.g. the penalty miss - loses confidence even more.

So, for me, not a lack of desire - I don't think he'd even bother making the runs, if that was the case. But confidence.

He needs some sort of self-belief rebuild.

36 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

I'm not sure. I think he has a surfeit of desire, combined with an absolute lack of confidence.

Every time I watched him last season and from what I've seen of him in pre-season, he puts in the effort, desperately desires to do well, but due to failures - e.g. the penalty miss - loses confidence even more.

So, for me, not a lack of desire - I don't think he'd even bother making the runs, if that was the case. But confidence.

Yes , I think in retrospect desire was the wrong word , maybe it would have been better if I'd put "belief" ?

Ham   
36 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

He needs a Harry Kane style hat trick.  2 pens and one deflecting off his heel. 

Edit: This plan might fall down on the penalty taking though. 

Edited by Ham

BlueFizz   
6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yes , I think in retrospect desire was the wrong word , maybe it would have been better if I'd put "belief" ?

Belief, desire, confidence...

... all of them devilishly hard to rediscover once lost.

His obvious frustration with refereeing decisions, other players, and most himself, last season makes you wonder if he has quite a fragile 'ego' - in which case our new Mister has quite a bit of 'couch time' ahead of him.

Not sure Bats will be much better - brimming with confidence (Tigger to Morata's Eeyore) but in a system that seems to require the forward to ping balls back to advancing forwards then move to take the return, I think he might struggle a bit. However, he's pretty good as a box finisher.

27 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Belief, desire, confidence...

... all of them devilishly hard to rediscover once lost.

His obvious frustration with refereeing decisions, other players, and most himself, last season makes you wonder if he has quite a fragile 'ego' - in which case our new Mister has quite a bit of 'couch time' ahead of him.

Not sure Bats will be much better - brimming with confidence (Tigger to Morata's Eeyore) but in a system that seems to require the forward to ping balls back to advancing forwards then move to take the return, I think he might struggle a bit. However, he's pretty good as a box finisher.

Yes , I agree , there's definitely a player in there somewhere , that headed goal against United was a thing of joy to behold , I hope he can turn it around I really do.

48 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yes , I agree , there's definitely a player in there somewhere , that headed goal against United was a thing of joy to behold , I hope he can turn it around I really do.

Being a top player isn't about having technical ability. All players at this level has it. It is about producing your best as often as possible. That happens far too seldom with Morata. 

I think we will end up seeing Hazard being our S1 before this season is over (and unless Bats explodes under Sarri). I have zero hope of Morata being a 25 goal striker for us.

Key in Sarri's system isn't bringing the striker into play. This style needs someone to finish the moves off and Morata is probably the worst guy for that - his finishing is awful. 

Kezza   
13 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

I really hope Pedro gets a run of games as striker.

He is really quite capable in that role. I can imagine Sarri doing a Dries Mertens with Pedro.

• Like 1