• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Utterly ridiculous idea changing your shirt number for a reason like that. 

Why? Most footballers strike me as superstitious... touching the grass when they cross the white line on to the pitch at the start of a game, crossing themselves and kissing the finger with which they crossed themselves several times, insisting on being the last out of the tunnel, goalkeepers not wanting to wear the number 13, etc., etc.   Wanting to celebrate the birth of your first children in this way is, to my mind, far saner than any of the above. The club have said that they'll swap any shirts with the old number (with certain provisos of course), so what's upset you about this?

27 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Why? Most footballers strike me as superstitious... touching the grass when they cross the white line on to the pitch at the start of a game, crossing themselves and ....

Sure but most No 9s are just arrogant and see themselves as the absolute top dog in the team.  Accepting another number is a massive climb down and frankly an admission he isn't up to the job,

JaneB   
15 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Why? Most footballers strike me as superstitious... touching the grass when they cross the white line on to the pitch at the start of a game, crossing themselves and kissing the finger with which they crossed themselves several times, insisting on being the last out of the tunnel, goalkeepers not wanting to wear the number 13, etc., etc.   Wanting to celebrate the birth of your first children in this way is, to my mind, far saner than any of the above. The club have said that they'll swap any shirts with the old number (with certain provisos of course), so what's upset you about this?

Superstitions are one thing and I have no problem with them.  

I'm very happy for Morata and his wife on the birth of their twins but why does he have to change his shirt number because of it?  It would be far more of a tribute to them if he had a decent season.  And then there's all the bother of fans (if there are any) having to return the old numbered shirts.  

JT didn't feel the need to change his number when his twins were born.  Of course he didn't, he was our legendary 26, always was and always will be.         

Ham   
46 minutes ago, JaneB said:

What was?

Hoguain.

31 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Superstitions are one thing and I have no problem with them.  

I'm very happy for Morata and his wife on the birth of their twins but why does he have to change his shirt number because of it?  It would be far more of a tribute to them if he had a decent season.  And then there's all the bother of fans (if there are any) having to return the old numbered shirts.  

JT didn't feel the need to change his number when his twins were born.  Of course he didn't, he was our legendary 26, always was and always will be.         

I'd suggest moving away from the number 9 shirt might actually be a good thing. Previous number 9s have included Falcao, Torres, Sidwell, di Santo, Kezman and Boulahrouz.

JaneB   
2 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I'd suggest moving away from the number 9 shirt might actually be a good thing. Previous number 9s have included Falcao, Torres, Sidwell, di Santo, Kezman and Boulahrouz.

Indeed! Maybe he will have more luck this way 🙏🏻

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

The club have said that they'll swap any shirts with the old number (with certain provisos of course), so what's upset you about this?

Only those who purchased from the megastore and can attend in person can get an exchange so 99% of people will be stuck with the 9 shirt. I do find that a little unfair.

Can't imagine the club would agree to this on a whim, perhaps there is more to it. Will make it less awkward if/when a new first choice striker comes in that's for sure.

More likely the megastore only sold 3 Morata 9 shirts so they didn't see it as a big deal.

13 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Only those who purchased from the megastore and can attend in person can get an exchange so 99% of people will be stuck with the 9 shirt. I do find that a little unfair.

Can't imagine the club would agree to this on a whim, perhaps there is more to it. Will make it less awkward if/when a new first choice striker comes in that's for sure.

More likely the megastore only sold 3 Morata 9 shirts so they didn't see it as a big deal.

I suggest you read ALL the article!

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/8/3/new-dad-morata-to-wear-29

8 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Read it and re-read it. Only those who bought from official outlets ie direct from Chelsea online or in store get a free exchange. If you bought from elsewhere eg Sports direct in Wigan you get 50% off a new one (not an exchange) if you are able to go the megastore in person before 1st September. The only inaccuracy in my comment is that if you buy it from the online megastore you can post it in at your own expense. So basically anybody who bought from a high street shop outside of London has to travel all the way to SB just to hand over more dosh for another, I suspect only a small percentage are bought from official outlets.

Ham   

What's the score with returning your Bakayoko shirt?  Any news yet?

• Haha 1