• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

JaneB    177
51 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Courtois situation is an odd one and I'm not really sure what the club should do. It seems as though we don't have a replacement for him lined up, because if we did I think we'd have got him in and shipped Courtois out already, which now puts the club in a tricky situation... cash in and take £30(ish)million for him, but be left with Caballero as number 1 or we keep hold of him and have a player here who clearly does not want to be here and then lose him for free next summer after paying his wages all year. A quite possible scenario if he stays is his head won't be in it, his form will drop off and because of that Willy will end up being number 1 anyway. I don't really know how the club has let it get to this stage, it was quite clear to everyone about a year ago that this was going to happen and we did nothing to react to it.

As for Morata, I don't really care what number he wears, I don't understand why it's an issue for anyone and my guess is had it been Hazard/Kante/Azpi changing numbers for the same reason, the reaction would have been quite different. In terms of his ability and what he can offer us this season, that I do care about and that worries me - he was awful vs Arsenal and I just can't see how we can go in to the season with him as our number 1 striker, but the other options aren't currently much better - Bats has his limitations and for me will never be more than a 2nd/3rd choice at a club fighting at the top end of the PL and for as well as Giroud did for us last season, I don't see him fitting Sarri's system too well and he'd be bette as an impact man off the bench in my opinion - also, neither man has had any pre-season time.

Sarri has said we need 1 more signing, but he doesn't know who - he's told the board what position, but the rest is up to them... is it a striker? Hopefully. If not, hopefully we're making a surprise move for a top GK.

I don't care what number he wears either, I just think changing it is stupid and unnecessary.  I'd feel the same whichever player it was and I don't think the club would have been so keen had it been Hazard for instance for obvious reasons.

16 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I don't care what number he wears either, I just think changing it is stupid and unnecessary.  I'd feel the same whichever player it was and I don't think the club would have been so keen had it been Hazard for instance for obvious reasons.

Ok, but we've had players do it in the past, a certain Mr Drogba did it and Mr Hazard. It does happen. Admittedly changing from 9 to 29 is slightly odd, but I just don't think it would cause as much debate if it were another player (other than Bakayoko).

Mark Kelly    927
9 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6025149/Thibaut-Courtois-agent-pleads-Chelsea-let-Belgian-goalkeeper-secure-switch-Real-Madrid.html

Courtois agent confirms he won't sign an extension, wants to move to Madrid and there is an offer on the table from Real

Wow.

Who saw that happening ?

He's had no intention of signing whatsoever .

Stick him in the stiffs and promote Bulka teach the arrogant twerp a lesson , we've already got no chance of winning the league so doing it without the amazing Mr Wonderful won't change anything.

Edited by Mark Kelly

Kezza    62
49 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Wow.

Who saw that happening ?

Stick him in the stiffs and promote Bulka teach the arrogant twerp a lesson , we've already got no chance of winning the league so doing it without the amazing Mr Wonderful won't change anything.

This is the twerp whom we let go a club legend for, and legend who entirely loves this club. How pitiful.

I would sign Butland or Pickford and have this guy sit on the bench.

Edited by Kezza

thevelourfog    223
7 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Sarri has already said he has no input into signings he is here to coach the 1st team. 

Yet Jorginho arrived the same day. 

Conte had no say yet the last few pages are full of discussion on us being stuck with his 'perfect son-in-law'. 

Yeah. 

jangz    14

I am extremely disappointed in courtois.. extremely selfish.. goalkeepers are a big investment for a club due to the long term nature of the club.. the club made it with courtois while letting Cech go when we was no where near finished... courtois is 26 and divorced .. I dont know how much it's about moving to cliser to his family.. smells like bull to me.. clearly he thinks he is better than what he is.. I would really want the club to not sell him and put him in the reserves and see if Madrid still wants him.. really arrogant

Kezza    62
32 minutes ago, jangz said:

I am extremely disappointed in courtois.. extremely selfish.. goalkeepers are a big investment for a club due to the long term nature of the club.. the club made it with courtois while letting Cech go when we was no where near finished... courtois is 26 and divorced .. I dont know how much it's about moving to cliser to his family.. smells like bull to me.. clearly he thinks he is better than what he is.. I would really want the club to not sell him and put him in the reserves and see if Madrid still wants him.. really arrogant

This is what this arrogant git had to say.

“I do not think they will keep someone with my qualities on the bench, even if I do not sign."

I say let's do just that and put him on the bench.

Edited by Kezza

jangz    14
12 minutes ago, Kezza said:

“I do not think they will keep someone with my qualities on the bench, even if I do not sign."

I think he is a top top keeper.. ..I really want him to stay for he is probably top 5 .. but to think he is bigger than the club .. we should let him train with the reserves..

The_Ghost    167
2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Wow.

Who saw that happening ?

Lol. Good call albeit I'm not surprised. Out of all the Belgians we've signed I think only Hazard proved to not be an absolute ****. On Bulka though, think you're on to something. Maybe letting an 18 year old try his wings after some reassuring appearances could be an option - especially since we have two extremely experienced options behind him. 

But I don't buy it. If that was the plan, Green would never have been signed. If Bulka isn't up for it, we're stuck with Willy for the season and we all know that's not good enough. 

I can't believe we are 5 days away from transfer deadline and this isn't resolved. I can't see Courtois starting the season as our number 1. What is our plan here?

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

This is the twerp whom we let go a club legend for, and legend who entirely loves this club. How pitiful.

It certainly makes letting Cech go so much worse. 

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Yet Jorginho arrived the same day. 

Conte had no say yet the last few pages are full of discussion on us being stuck with his 'perfect son-in-law'. 

Yeah. 

Quite. 

21 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Ok. But we still need a GK1. Bulka? Caballero? Pickford or Butland at almost twice the money we'll get for Courtois? 

What's our play here?

jangz    14
1 minute ago, The_Ghost said:

Lol. Good call albeit I'm not surprised. Out of all the Belgians we've signed I think only Hazard proved to not be an absolute ****. On Bulka though, think you're on to something. Maybe letting an 18 year old try his wings after some reassuring appearances could be an option - especially since we have two extremely experienced options behind him. 

But I don't buy it. If that was the plan, Green would never have been signed. If Bulka isn't up for it, we're stuck with Willy for the season and we all know that's not good enough. 

I can't believe we are 5 days away from transfer deadline and this isn't resolved. I can't see Courtois starting the season as our number 1. What is our plan here?

It certainly makes letting Cech go so much worse. 

Quite. 

Ok. But we still need a GK1. Bulka? Caballero? Pickford or Butland at almost twice the money we'll get for Courtois? 

What's our play here?

We don't have a play here .. courtois is screwing us over along with Madrid.. like I said most teams buy a first team keeper to last then at least a couple of contracts.. not someone who wants to leave after 4 seasons.. and some make up story about being close to family..