• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

3 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

The Mirror is saying that Their could be a straight swop deal about to happen between Willian and Martial. 

Would this be a good or bad deal for us if it happened? 

Willian is 29 and Martial 22.  

Buy Zaha and keep Willian. We need more options. 

jangz   

I think this team needs atleast two transfer windows especially given how shocking the last two were..

Had it from a media friend with connections, who I'd consider honest if not necessarily reliable given they're passing on second hand info, that Schmeichel is a done deal. 

1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

Had it from a media friend with connections, who I'd consider honest if not necessarily reliable given they're passing on second hand info, that Schmeichel is a done deal. 

I'd be happy with that , he's a good keeper and has excellent distribution which is top priority for goalkeepers these days apparently.

Bison   
2 hours ago, jangz said:

I think this team needs atleast two transfer windows especially given how shocking the last two were..

Two windows?

Chelsea's last 29 signings :

Pato, Pedro, Amelia, Baba, Begovic, Kenedy, Falcao, Hector, Miazga, Nathan, Djiloboji, Pantic,Cuadrado, Kante, Luiz, Alonso, Batshuayi, Eduardo, Bakayoko, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Rudiger, Morata, Caballero, Barkley, Giroud, Emerson, Jorginho,Green.

It's going to take 5 or 6 if we continue to buy like we have done in recent years.

jones   
52 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Interesting. Definitely not as good as Courtois, and definitely not the best option out there, but still a very good keeper with good distribution that should not cost a fortune and is at a great GK age (31). Arguably at the peak of his career, and his penalty saves in the WC shows he performs on the big occasion. Home-grown and as British a foreigner as you will ever find.

Having watched Bulka in pre-season one can hope that he will be ready to take over in a couple of years. If he gets himself a good loan move for a few seasons, he can do to Schmeichel what Courtois did to Cech. Bulka just a few months younger than Courtois was when he left for Atletico the first season.

Edited by jones

16 minutes ago, synavm said:

I think two seasons/four windows before we're going to get near where we want to be.

Weren't some people saying this 2 seasons ago when Conte arrived?

27 minutes ago, synavm said:

I think two seasons/four windows before we're going to get near where we want to be.

how can this even be quantified? in 4 windows we will also have lost several players.

It could be solved in 1 window if Roman, Marina and the suits really wanted but is seems they dont or dont know how so this will rumble on