• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Dingus   

It's clear my wants for Chelsea are a lot different to what the board desires. Marina and Co. must have been delighted when Sarri came out with how he's not fussed about transfers. That's a good thing mate because you're going to be expected to perform miracles with what you've currently got at your disposal.

So while it was nice to sign Jorginho, I don't expect too much more from us in the next few days so the expectations have been modified and I hope that RLC and Odoi get a decent crack of things this season and we have a decent run in the Europa League.

20 minutes ago, synavm said:

I think two seasons/four windows before we're going to get near where we want to be.

That depends very much on whether there is the will, or indeed the competence to actually go where we want to be. That’s what I’m struggling to believe right now. That list of the last 29 players is truly shocking. It’s abysmal. A chimp with a buzzer could have used those funds in a much more efficient way. There are just 2 “great” signings in there and only 5 players that have contributed meaningfully to the 1st team. As I see it, a total of 9 “decent or better” signings and 20 fails out of 29.

2 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

That list of the last 29 players is truly shocking. It’s abysmal. A chimp with a buzzer could have used those funds in a much more efficient way. There are just 2 “great” signings in there and only 5 players that have contributed meaningfully to the 1st team. As I see it, a total of 9 “decent or better” signings and 20 fails out of 29.

Tbf, the list only goes back as far as 29 because there were loads of absolutely fantastic signings before then. Obviously you buy fewer really good players when you already have quite a few really good players. Go back to the last 40 or 50 signings and it looks a whole lot better. 

Big issue is the market we bought players 29-50 is long dead. 

55 minutes ago, Bison said:

Chelsea's last 29 signings :

Pato, Pedro, Amelia, Baba, Begovic, Kenedy, Falcao, Hector, Miazga, Nathan, Djiloboji, Pantic,Cuadrado, Kante, Luiz, Alonso, Batshuayi, Eduardo, Bakayoko, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Rudiger, Morata, Caballero, Barkley, Giroud, Emerson, Jorginho,Green.

My God. I'm counting five successes.

The last five signings are too soon to judge. 

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Had it from a media friend with connections, who I'd consider honest if not necessarily reliable given they're passing on second hand info, that Schmeichel is a done deal. 

I'd be happy with that. 

13 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Weren't some people saying this 2 seasons ago when Conte arrived?

Yes. It will always be the case at Chelsea. No manager will ever have a squad that he likes fully. Firstly because no manager has that sort of power, but also because no one stays long enough to be able to assemble a squad in their taste. 

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Had it from a media friend with connections, who I'd consider honest if not necessarily reliable given they're passing on second hand info, that Schmeichel is a done deal. 

Yes that would be good.

No point waiting until next summer and January will be too late because we might face an exodus later this month.

We've got less than four days to sort out our most clear and obvious problems. 

2 minutes ago, Box of Tricks said:

No point waiting until next summer and January will be too late because we might face an exodus later this month.

We've got less than four days to sort out our most clear and obvious problems. 

This window is mad. 4 days to make our players happy but RM and others have more than 3 weeks to unsettle them

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

This window is mad. 4 days to make our players happy but RM and others have more than 3 weeks to unsettle them

And we voted for it too...

• Like 1