• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Bob Singleton    228
54 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

are we creating our own fake news now?  no names, not even of the autor of the article

Certainly looks that way now that the site has new owners.

5 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Had it from a media friend with connections, who I'd consider honest if not necessarily reliable given they're passing on second hand info, that Schmeichel is a done deal. 

OK - but medium term, not long term.  he is 31.
And you got to feel sorry for Leicester.  We have Kante, Drinkwater (key for them if not us), and perhaps Schmeichel.  Man U have the one decent player they picked up since 2016.  City have Mahrez for their subs bench.

4 hours ago, jones said:

Interesting. Definitely not as good as Courtois, and definitely not the best option out there, but still a very good keeper with good distribution that should not cost a fortune and is at a great GK age (31). Arguably at the peak of his career, and his penalty saves in the WC shows he performs on the big occasion. Home-grown and as British a foreigner as you will ever find.

Having watched Bulka in pre-season one can hope that he will be ready to take over in a couple of years. If he gets himself a good loan move for a few seasons, he can do to Schmeichel what Courtois did to Cech. Bulka just a few months younger than Courtois was when he left for Atletico the first season.

Sure but Courtois had had a complete season at Genk first.  Bulka, if he goes on loan, needs to go first somewhere more realistic than AM.

4 hours ago, synavm said:

I think two seasons/four windows before we're going to get near where we want to be.

4 hours ago, Bison said:

Two windows?

It's going to take 5 or 6 if we continue to buy like we have done in recent years.

Chelsea's last 29 signings :

Pato, Pedro, Amelia, Baba, Begovic, Kenedy, Falcao, Hector, Miazga, Nathan, Djiloboji, Pantic,Cuadrado, Kante, Luiz, Alonso, Batshuayi, Eduardo, Bakayoko, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Rudiger, Morata, Caballero, Barkley, Giroud, Emerson, Jorginho,Green.

Strip out the loans and the cheapo punts on kids, and the GK2/3s, and you get 16 players, 6 successes (Giroud is clearly a success as an experienced pro doing a job,) 5 unknowns yet (Zappa, Drinkwater, Barkley, Emerson, Jorginho) and 4 clear failures  (of which one is really out to injury)

Not so bad, as you suggest.  I think the trouble has been buying players who then never played enough to find out whether they were successes or failure.  Far too many FBs

3 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Tbf, the list only goes back as far as 29 because there were loads of absolutely fantastic signings before then. Obviously you buy fewer really good players when you already have quite a few really good players. Go back to the last 40 or 50 signings and it looks a whole lot better. 

Big issue is the market we bought players 29-50 is long dead. 

True.  Also because signings pre-2013 were a) when the market was cheap and we were paying top dollar for players 5 different clubs were bidding for (we are now limited to players other clubs haven't targeted).

and post 2014 signings have involved providing cover for a team that ought to be winning titles, not just buying future talent.

52 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

4. Marina is the new Emanalo;   ...

Not quite - Marina is the old Emenalo.
The new Emenalo is quite respectable.

Bob Singleton    228
3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

And you got to feel sorry for Leicester.  We have Kante, Drinkwater (key for them if not us), and perhaps Schmeichel.  Man U have the one decent player they picked up since 2016.  City have Mahrez for their subs bench.

Forgotten to take your meds again?

paulw66    523
28 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Anyone know what's happened to zouma

24 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Apparently has/had an injury.

Odd there was little comment on this by the club. Clearly could play for a decent PL team, either permanently or on loan. 

If he was expected to be part of our squad, I am fairly certain they would have noted his injury / absence when we went on the tour(s)

JaneB    177
6 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Had it from a media friend with connections, who I'd consider honest if not necessarily reliable given they're passing on second hand info, that Schmeichel is a done deal. 

No disrespect to anyone but a few months ago I seem to remember reading on here that Laurent Blanc was a done deal 🙄

Unless someone is sleeping with Roman or Marina I'd suggest a huge pinch of salt is required 😏 

BlueFizz    69
13 minutes ago, JaneB said:

No disrespect to anyone but a few months ago I seem to remember reading on here that Laurent Blanc was a done deal 🙄

Unless someone is sleeping with Roman or Marina I'd suggest a huge pinch of salt is required 😏 

I am told a huge pinch of salt is required when sleeping with Roman... the same principle as slugs the garden apparently.

JaneB    177
4 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

I am told a huge pinch of salt is required when sleeping with Roman... the same principle as slugs the garden apparently.

Marina tell you that? 😂