• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

19 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Quite a few links to Nabil Fekir surfacing from France again today. If we are interested I wonder if it would be as a number 8 or for the wing positions, sounds like he plays as a 10 for Lyon.

I don't believe it until CFCnet says it is happening

BlueFizz   
1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

There's a transfer committee? 

This might come as something of a shock - but according to a very detailed club-by-club account of how the Premier League clubs handle transfers (Guardian, Indie - I forget where) almost all the big clubs have a transfer committee of sorts. Only a few, generally mid-table clubs (e.g. Burnley) give anything like 'sole control' to the manager.

It's the new normal, and has been for quite a few years now - in Europe, for decades.

paulw66   
18 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

madness, an England international loaned out. Did Sarri even get a look at him?

what does the "England International" part have to do with it? We have loaned stacks of international players out in the past

Zouma, Rahman, Abraham, Crespo, MvG.......... 

Personally I hope he stays, but only if he is going to get used. 

BlueFizz   
23 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

madness, an England international loaned out. Did Sarri even get a look at him?

Is it true?

If it is, before you slam the club - just remember that RLC is the one putting out signals that he 'must have' first team football, guarantees etc.

At the top level, that's not how it works.

If he thinks he's good enough, he should stay, work his socks off and force himself into a regular 'impossible to drop' situation.

Ruben has always worried me since I first saw him in the youth side. He's consistently bigged-up on the basis of his potential, and pundits take easy shots at us for not using him more - but somehow, he never quite steps up to the plate when he gets the chance, to my way of thinking.

Another 'soft' one - like Morata.

Edited by BlueFizz

15 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

what does the "England International" part have to do with it? We have loaned stacks of international players out in the past

Zouma, Rahman, Abraham, Crespo, MvG.......... 

Personally I hope he stays, but only if he is going to get used. 

The England international part means 1) he is not a bad player as we all recognise here and 2) he is also counted as home grown so it would be strange if true that a new manager hasnt had a look at him. Of course like almost everything on the last 5014 pages I am speculating on speculation like everyone else

12 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

RLC back to Palace rumour comes from a glitch on the PL website continuing to show their loan players last year, seized on by Twitter. 

Not helped by the Daily Mirror regurgitating the story and adding bits to it... although it's a s**t paper, because it's "Fleet Street" (I know... Fleet Street is home to very few papers now) it will hold greater credence for some than some blogger in Des Moines, Iowa!

14 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Is it true?

If it is, before you slam the club - just remember that RLC is the one putting out signals that he 'must have' first team football, guarantees etc.

At the top level, that's not how it works.

If he thinks he's good enough, he should stay, work his socks off and force himself into a regular 'impossible to drop' situation.

Ruben has always worried me since I first saw him in the youth side. He's consistently bigged-up on the basis of his potential, and pundits take easy shots at us for not using him more - but somehow, he never quite steps up to the plate when he gets the chance, to my way of thinking.

Another 'soft' one - like Morata.

Who knows but we can only comment on the things we read. As per my last post thats what we have all been doing here for a long time. I would like to see him back and working for his place given he has impressed enough to be an established England player now