• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

colossus   

Sorry if it has already been discussed, but any chance we can make a Courtois + cash for Oblak deal happen?

Even if it wouldn’t go through, it would raise doubts about his rationale for a move to Madrid being driven for family reasons.

Tevez always cited moving closer to his family for every move he made and when, after several moves around the rich clubs of europe, he finally got home he went almost straight to china. Footballers have loyalty to money and themselves...Eto

Sir   

Squad wise, we just haven’t done anything near enough. And I’m talking for a top four finish, not even beginning to enter the thoughts of a title challenge. 

As for Courtois, it’s all bitterly disappointing. Don’t know what the club should do really.

But yeah, it’s just too same old same old squad wise. Morays situation speaks for itself. Just feel we needed a couple of winger/attacking midfield options, take the burden away from Hazard a little bit (assuming he stays) - just feel we need some more options.

1 hour ago, Gormangorman said:

You do know I am not a journalist right? I don't have to prove my sources to Bob Singleton

What has journalism got to do with sources?

1 hour ago, Ham said:

I fear your are both in a loop now that you can never escape from. 

Very true

21 minutes ago, Sir said:

Squad wise, we just haven’t done anything near enough. And I’m talking for a top four finish, not even beginning to enter the thoughts of a title challenge. 

As for Courtois, it’s all bitterly disappointing. Don’t know what the club should do really.

But yeah, it’s just too same old same old squad wise. Morays situation speaks for itself. Just feel we needed a couple of winger/attacking midfield options, take the burden away from Hazard a little bit (assuming he stays) - just feel we need some more options.

We might still salvage it in the last few days. It would need the Board to seriously get it's act together which they've shown little sign that they're capable of.

But if we manage to sign Kepa, Kovacic and Zaha then we might stand a decent chance of a top four finish. 

Kovacic has never started more than 30 games in a season by age 23 and will apparently cost a bomb, not sure why people are all over him. That one season of first-ish team football was 4 seasons ago. Not a goal scoring midfielder so would just be adding more bench competition for Jorginho and Kante, basically a more experienced foreign RLC. One or even two goal scoring players for any of the front 4 positions should be our priority.

Leo91   

The board spent, what ? was it two months of the window twiddling their thumbs over Conte when everyone knew he was going. We haven't got the players for 433. The full backs Azpi and Alonso don't hold a candle to the top sides with their agility and pace down the flanks and the back ups who do have pace are B quality. We have 3 strikers who don't score goals. And we have no creative midfielder. Top stuff Chels. I'm passed caring. Que sara sara, I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the lols.

Edited by Leo91
  • Like 1

Kezza   

Does it make sense for a club to be held hostage by a player till the end of the window without any replacements? A club as big as ours? Are we too scared to sack TC or offend him with pursuing a new keeper? This is all on the club for being too nice to a knob like TC.

Kezza   

Hope the club is smart enough to take Navas in exchange for TC. Navas is a better and more consistent player.