• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, Ham said:

Or 3.  Perhaps this rumour is absolute garbage. There's no way Chelsea are paying £89m for a keeper. 

Sorry yes. Perhaps it is garbage!

The sensible thing would be to swap Courtois for Oblak.

Butland would be a disaster BTW. Rooted to his line. Looks decent playing for a poor side when he has lots of saves to make

16 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

That’s low-grade, even if he does have a family situation with his kids. 

Hopefully we get a quality replacement and he can p-off to Madrid.

Also seems low-grade for an Athletico player to even consider Real to me.

What do you expect of a guy who at 26 has already gotten married and divorced once (with a small child involved), cheated on your best mate with his girlfriend and managed to play for Atletico and Real while also forcing the club to dispense of Cech to ensure that little spoilt fool would remain as number one. 

I have said before that I have it on good authority within the game that Courtois is a grade A arsehole. This is only what one should expect of him. I'm thrilled he's off - overrated and a cancer in the dressing-room. When the going gets tough, he ain't your man. Let Real have him. 

HOWEVER, the club should just take a step back now and tell Real the price is £65m this summer, or £0 next summer if they prefer that. 

Let him rot in the reserves for a year. £30m is nothing, just one average squad buy less. I'm sure we can live without another Danny Drinkwater. 

14 hours ago, The Psycho Pianist said:

If he genuinely has gone AWOL why even bother selling him. Hold him to his contract and let him rot for a year. Don't even play him in the reserves, just on his own. It's not even worth the pittance RM are going to end up paying this year (can't even replace him to any kind of similar standard with the money) and the trade-off would be to set a precedent for the rest of the squad that we don't take kindly to players trying to take the piss.

Yes, I really think the club should take a stance on this one. It's unacceptable to do this with two days of the window remaining. 

Let him learn the hard way. A wasted year for him is a lot worse than £30m wasted for us.

1 hour ago, Gormangorman said:

Reports that Chelsea could activate Jan Oblak's release clause as a replacement for Courtoise, yes do it!

Good, twice the keeper compared to Bignose.

Edited by The_Ghost

2 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

What do you expect of a guy who at 26 has already gotten married and divorced once (with a small child involved), cheated on your best mate with his girlfriend and managed to play for Atletico and Real while also forcing the club to dispense of Cech to ensure that little spoilt fool would remain as number one. 

I have said before that I have it on good authority within the game that Courtois is a grade A arsehole. This is only what one should expect of him. I'm thrilled he's off - overrated and a cancer in the dressing-room. When the going gets tough, he ain't your man. Let Real have him. 

HOWEVER, the club should just take a step back now and tell Real the price is £65m this summer, or £0 next summer if they prefer that. 

Let him rot in the reserves for a year. £30m is nothing, just one average squad buy less. I'm sure we can live without another Danny Drinkwater. 

Yes, I really think the club shoulöd take a stance on this one. It's unacceptable to do this with two days of the window remaining. 

Let him learn the hard way. A wasted year for him is a lot worse than £30m wasted for us.

Good, twice the keeper compared to Bignose.

You're my new hero .

paulw66   

It will be nearer £40m to chuck away if we keep Courtois, once you factor in we would also need to pay him this season.

As much as it would be nice to see him rot, you need to take emotion out of it and negotiate the best possible deal with Real. 

We shouldn't be surprised, if I remember correctly bignose went on strike to force his move to Chelsea from Genk years ago.

BlueFizz   
39 minutes ago, jones said:

The club should have given him an ultimatum at the end of the season (the latest), either sign now or we will be bringing in a new number one and sell You.

Give me one example of this happening at any club, with any player, in any position, over recent years.

’Should have’ statements are easy to make when you’re not actually in the situation. People outside my professional competence often tell me what I ‘should have’ done - that’s when I know they haven’t got a clue. (Apologies if you are a profeessional football contract manager/negotiator).

As for Marina’s reactiveness and general incompetence - the very few comments I read from those ‘in the game’ (not journalists) generally rate her and CFC as a well run club.

kratos   
Just now, BlueFizz said:

Give me one example of this happening at any club, with any player, in any position, over recent years.

’Should have’ statements are easy to make when you’re not actually in the situation. People outside my professional competence often tell me what I ‘should have’ done - that’s when I know they haven’t got a clue. (Apologies if you are a profeessional football contract manager/negotiator).

As for Marina’s reactiveness and general incompetence - the very few comments I read from those ‘in the game’ (not journalists) generally rate her and CFC as a well run club.

Yeah but sells more papers if it looks like we're being run into the ground.

6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

It will be nearer £40m to chuck away if we keep Courtois, once you factor in we would also need to pay him this season.

As much as it would be nice to see him rot, you need to take emotion out of it and negotiate the best possible deal with Real. 

We can start by fining him two weeks wages. Only 50 weeks to go then. 

I'm sure he will **** up somewhere along the way so we're bound to be able to subtract a few more weeks off the total I'm sure. 

In the long-run, I think a move like this would end up saving us a lot more money than the money we'd lose in the short-term.

Just loan him to Getafe or Rayo if he wants to be in Madrid , I'm sure his talent will feel at home with Gael Kakuta and 15K arenas.

Maybe  one of those two have £30m worth of talent we can hoover up ? A decent centre half and midfielder perhaps  and we could swap him.

I'd love to see that .

Just checked their squads for this season , they don't.

Edited by Mark Kelly