• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Everytime I look up the tax status I find articles saying the tax avoidance ended back in 2015, so the Fabregas will be liable to 75% French tax.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-france-monaco-idUKKCN0PJ1CE20150709

I'd be happy to be proved wrong, but it doesn't look that way.

Partially correct, The French top tax rate of 75% was introduced and quickly  scrapped as it led to huge migration of wealthy types and loss of Tax revenue.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonhartley/2015/02/02/frances-75-supertax-failure-a-blow-to-pikettys-economics/#1d92beb25df2

The top tax rate currently is 45% on incomes over €152,660, Cesc won’t starve !

Ham   
38 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

Partially correct, The French top tax rate of 75% was introduced and quickly  scrapped as it led to huge migration of wealthy types and loss of Tax revenue.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonhartley/2015/02/02/frances-75-supertax-failure-a-blow-to-pikettys-economics/#1d92beb25df2

The top tax rate currently is 45% on incomes over €152,660, Cesc won’t starve !

I think the issue was that Monaco was a tax haven for footballers until last year when the French FA decreed that if Monaco wanted to play in the French League, their players needed to pay French tax levels. 

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

I think the issue was that Monaco was a tax haven for footballers until last year when the French FA decreed that if Monaco wanted to play in the French League, their players needed to pay French tax levels. 

Not sure I disputed that, Just pointed out tax is payable at a slightly different rate.

Ham   
12 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

Not sure I disputed that, Just pointed out tax is payable at a slightly different rate.

Apologies. Wasn't actually doing anything other than throwing that in as an additional feature of the Monaco situation. 👍

Leo91   

Not really the best negotiation tactic in letting your sellers know you need a midfielder. 

40 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Not really the best negotiation tactic in letting your sellers know you need a midfielder. 

Unless the sellers are blind, deaf and mute it makes not even the slightest bit of difference. 

On the other hand, it really would be stupid if you're looking to move players on to suggest their absence would be of no consequence to you. 

Leo91   

Really ? I rate his link up play but we already have that in Giroud. We need some pace up top. 

Zidane   
19 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

So any substance to the Benzema rumours? That would be a dream signing. 

nightmares-in-a-damaged-brain931600-ci.j