• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Holymoly   
5 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

I lack words to describe how bad a signing this would be. Higuan is completely unsuited to PL. He would have struggled in his peak days. And now, overweight, lazy and devoid of any movement, I cannot comprehend what Sarri is thinking.

I'm pretty sure we used to say that about Anelka when he rocked up. Eto'o too possibly.

Blue Rod   
Just now, Holymoly said:

I'm pretty sure we used to say that about Anelka when he rocked up. Eto'o too possibly.

I actually backed Anelka all the way, before and after we signed him.  

paulw66   
Just now, Blue Rod said:

I actually backed Anelka all the way, before and after we signed him.  

you do't back anybody, you just say everyone is rubbish, players or managers 

Blue Rod   
8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

you do't back anybody, you just say everyone is rubbish, players or managers 

Well, you' re talking absolute rubbish. I'm pretty confident in my own judgement . Anelka was a superbly gifted striker with qualities running through his body . Higuan would be a complete waste of money for Chelsea today. I can help you with your argument: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2019/jan/16/chelsea-leandro-paredes-gonzalo-higuain-transfer-window

I never said any manager is rubbish. I analyse individual decisions of managers and critique them. 

Edited by Blue Rod

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Well, you' re talking absolute rubbish. I'm pretty confident in my own judgement . Anelka was a superbly gifted striker with qualities running through his body . Higuan would be a complete waste of money for Chelsea today. I can help you with your argument: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2019/jan/16/chelsea-leandro-paredes-gonzalo-higuain-transfer-window

I was saying anything bad about Anelka, was I?

I'd still have Higuain over Morata any day of the week, which is all the argument boils down to.

Is he the long term answer? Of course not. Will he contribute more than Morata would from now until May? I think so. 

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

I'd still have Higuain over Morata any day of the week, which is all the argument boils down to.

Is he the long term answer? Of course not. Will he contribute more than Morata would from now until May? I think so. 

This is all that matters.

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

This is all that matters.

Yup. A bit of sticky plaster for now. Sort the problem properly in the summer. 

Blue Rod   
9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Fair enough, but you have not been able to back your argument with any evidence or stats. In fact the stats only tell half the story. When I've watched Higuan play lately, he has looked half the player Morata is, believe me.

Edited by Blue Rod

24 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Could you tel me how many goals Higuan has scored last 12 months? 

You are allowed to do your own research.  
12 months is tricky - because it is two part seasons.

But it is 30 in 18 months.
By all means do the 12 month research yourself.

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Blue Rod said:

Fair enough, but you have not been able to back your argument with any evidence or stats. In fact the stats only tell half the story. When I've watched him play lately, he has looked half the player Morata is, believe me.

I guess time will tell. So long as he doesn't spend half the game on the floor, that will be progress.