• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

37 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Not on the sports pages of the Express... they made all the sub editors (who would normally check for accuracy, spelling etc then write the headline) redundant quite a few years ago in the Desmond era. Now they've been taken over by the owners of the Mirror, they still have no subs! In fact, at Christmas while all Mirror staff were invited to the group Christmas party, only senior staff from the Express were invited, and everything, from paper napkins to cheap helium balloons, was emblazoned with the Mirror logo. I don't feel sorry for them, though!
Many of the "staff" on the Express are unpaid interns whose job it is is to search the deepest recesses of the internet for stories not covered in, for example the Mail, Sun or Mirror,  re-write them, and post on the Express web site as "Exclusives" That and making up stories about Princess Diana!

Should be working for Buzzfeed or the Guardian making up stories about Assange and Manafort.

But interesting background - thanks

Zidane    16
39 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Still hoping this is his agent (brother) working overtime to get an even better contract.

Surely the club would know if CHO handed in a transfer request? 

Martin1905    235
1 hour ago, kratos said:

Looks like cho has handed in a transfer request.

Hope we sell him straight away.

Shocking, shocking attitude from a player that is barely 18.

• Like 1

southcoastal    34
1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Not on the sports pages of the Express... they made all the sub editors (who would normally check for accuracy, spelling etc then write the headline) redundant quite a few years ago in the Desmond era. Now they've been taken over by the owners of the Mirror, they still have no subs! In fact, at Christmas while all Mirror staff were invited to the group Christmas party, only senior staff from the Express were invited, and everything, from paper napkins to cheap helium balloons, was emblazoned with the Mirror logo. I don't feel sorry for them, though!
Many of the "staff" on the Express are unpaid interns whose job it is is to search the deepest recesses of the internet for stories not covered in, for example the Mail, Sun or Mirror,  re-write them, and post on the Express web site as "Exclusives" That and making up stories about Princess Diana!

I suppose at least they once had sub editors to look back on, Unlike the Guardian which has never employed any,  As private eye reader moons ago it took me a while to realise  the Grauniad wasn’t separate paper.

The_Ghost    167
18 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Hope we sell him straight away.

Shocking, shocking attitude from a player that is barely 18.

If it's true we should take the £35m and run. 

If an 18-year old does that at a club like Chelsea he's a bad apple Just turned 18!!! Sweet mary jesus. Been at the club since the age of 8... Can't help to feel he's been badly advised. What happens if he goes to Germany and doesn't make it? It's not a walk in the park moving to another country. Especially at that age. 

southcoastal    34
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I read that CHO's brother is his agent .

I'm sure that he's advising his client with his utmost respect and doesn't even think about his fifteen percent commission .

didn't Anelka have the same problem in his early career with a Brother as agent or am imagining it ?

Edited by southcoastal
spelling !

PeteRobbo    129
3 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

I suppose at least they once had sub editors to look back on, Unlike the Guardian which has never employed any,  As private eye reader moons ago it took me a while to realise  the Grauniad wasn’t separate paper.

Separate to what?

southcoastal    34
Just now, PeteRobbo said:

Separate to what?

Pivate eye nicknamed the Guardian the Grauniad over its spelling mistakes due to lack of sub editors,  I didn't catch on early and thought they were 2 seperate titles

PeteRobbo    129
9 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

Pivate eye nicknamed the Guardian the Grauniad over its spelling mistakes due to lack of sub editors,  I didn't catch on early and thought they were 2 seperate titles

Ah right! 

Bob Singleton    228
7 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

Actually The Guardian had plenty of sub editors (and good ones, too) The problem with the typos occurred with the compositors.