• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Ham   
8 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

Pivate eye nicknamed the Guardian the Grauniad over its spelling mistakes due to lack of sub editors,  I didn't catch on early and thought they were 2 seperate titles

Thanks 😊

I always wondered where Grauniad came from 🤣

4 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Actually The Guardian had plenty of sub editors (and good ones, too) The problem with the typos occurred with the compositors.

I suspected so but can't let a chance of a dig at them get by :)

Not sure what has happened with the digital version, Carrying on the proud tradition perhaps

Edited by southcoastal
spelling again

1 minute ago, southcoastal said:

I suspected so but can't let a chance of a dig at them get by :)

Not sure what has happened with the digital version, Carrying on the proud tradition perhaps

Why?

1 minute ago, PeteRobbo said:

Why?

On the digital There headlines/Bylines often bare no relation to the article below as well as odd spelling ( usually on the CIF bit) its quite common for the author of the story to post below the line that He/She had nothing to do with the headline/byline.

Luckily the sports sections mostly immune and still readable

2 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

On the digital There headlines/Bylines often bare no relation to the article below as well as odd spelling ( usually on the CIF bit) its quite common for the author of the story to post below the line that He/She had nothing to do with the headline/byline.

Luckily the sports sections mostly immune and still readable

That's odd... I read quite a bit on-line and have never experienced what you describe regarding headlines bearing no relation to articles etc.

Just now, Bob Singleton said:

That's odd... I read quite a bit on-line and have never experienced what you describe regarding headlines bearing no relation to articles etc.

Do you read the comments thou ?

1 minute ago, southcoastal said:

Do you read the comments thou ?

Sometimes... it depends on the article. If it's a football article, the petty tribalism and generally moronic comments of the average football supporter put me off reading anything 'below the line'.

Sea foot   

To be fair it's not the compositors who are responsible for the typos. The problem was/is the readers or lack thereof.

Just now, Bob Singleton said:

Sometimes... it depends on the article. If it's a football article, the petty tribalism and generally moronic comments of the average football supporter put me off reading anything 'below the line'.

Quite, Football wise It was very good up a couple of years   a lot of interesting posters have long since left or have been banned, now its

well as you say tribal and . . . no idea where the new have come , Myspace closing perhaps.

Above the line much of a shift to very anti Chelsea though, some of the matchday commentarys are awful in there bias and I'm not usually one media conspiracys but

5 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

To be fair it's not the compositors who are responsible for the typos. The problem was/is the readers or lack thereof.

If its the Guardian you were talking about then they do have an unusual business model, go tabloid lose half of their paying customers

and celibrate the fact some people donate...