• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Leo91   

Hands in a transfer request the day before he's likely to start a game. Makes no sense. 

11 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Hands in a transfer request the day before he's likely to start a game. Makes no sense. 

Actually what really makes no sense is handing in a transfer request and leaking it to the media.

We'll find out soon enough, but I'm coming to the conclusion that someone is spreading plain BS about CHO.  He is going or he is staying, but I don't believe that anyone is still arguing about the matter right now.

Of any interest that the club Twitter account posted this an hour after the transfer request news broke? 

May well be a scheduled tweet, and whoever runs it will have no real insider information, but I can't help but feel it was a little pointed. 

I doubt we'll sell in January either way. 

It is being reported as a £35m deal but apparently that was £15m with various add ons, no buy back and no sell on %. Potentially we could get less than £20m and Bayern could sell him on for a profit in a year or two. 

Would be sods law if we finally produce an academy player good enough for the first team and he jumps ship for peanuts at the first opportunity. 

Leo91   

It's a big statement and could be a turning point in how we treat the progression of youth players. I can see both sides of the coin here, Callum could be a little more patient but the evidence is there from recent history that he wouldn't be given meaningful game time in the long run. CHO could be the sacrifice we have to take on the chin for the board to realise that youngsters won't accept half hearted attempts of acknowledgement.

Sounds like we are offering more wages than any German team would, it is strange he could earn more, probably go on a two year loan to Germany if it's what he really wants, and then come back to his boyhood team.

Ham   

He's spent 10 years at the club and he's finally about to inherit a starting place for many years to come. Pedro and Willian will be moved on soon. Daft timing if true although CHO tweeted "don't believe everything you hear" last week. 

Who knows? 

57 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

It is being reported as a £35m deal but apparently that was £15m with various add ons, no buy back and no sell on %. Potentially we could get less than £20m and Bayern could sell him on for a profit in a year or two. 

Mate, where does the 'apparently' bit come from? i think that's fairly important.