• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

Yeah sorry.  I should have added that he deleted the tweet soon after but not before many head already screen shot it. 

Screenshot_20190127-034202_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ah thanks, makes sense! 

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Reported in other papers too.  Just google it.  Are they all rubbish? 

Yes., and one paper/site simply tags onto what the first one 'reported' and on it goes. They could all 'report' it, and it would be just as meaningless. Like feeding the chooks......every window is the same. Ask yourself: of all the rumours, each and every transfer window - how many actually come to fruition?  Some? Yep. Most? Absolutely not. 

jangz   

I don’t think u can trust the press.. all said Arnautovic was gone only for him to sign a n extension.. cho for me has had only one good game in  all appearances he had made.. for some reason this situation reminds me a bit of Sturridge..

IF CHO has handed in a transfer request, he is getting some terrible advice!

He's 18 and this is his first season with the senior team - he's 18 and he's a member of the first team squad at one of the biggest clubs in Europe. He is progressing very well - he had a good pre-season, he then worked with the squad, not seeing any minutes, but training with the senior players, learning the system and learning what it's like to be in the senior squad, he has then by half way through the season, moved in to the match day squad - he's getting bench time, coming off the bench and getting the odd start. Let's not forget he's 18 and he is at one of the biggest clubs in Europe. If his progression continues the way it has, by next season I see no reason why he isn't in the starting 11, if he works hard and continues to progress.

If, IF, all the recent reports are true he is showing to be extremely impatient and terribly advised. If he goes to Bayern, I see his progress no better than it is here and in actual fact it could be harder - if he doesn't perform instantly, the Bayern fans won't be as patient with him as we would be.

I understand concerns he may have about Chelsea's ability to bring youth players through, however, we haven't had a player his age making this progress and impact on the first team squad for a very long time. We've had youngsters come in for a few months and make some cup appearances and then disappear again, but CHO at the age of 18 is a full member of the first team squad. If he expects to be starting week in week out or every other game at this point, then to be honest he is a bit deluded. He's got proven international players currently ahead of him in the team and although they aren't in the best form, you can understand why when big games come around (cup semi final second leg) they get the call ahead of him. He's currently got 2 assists to his name at the top level, no goals, no game changing appearances from the bench, so for as out of form the others are, he hasn't proven he could do better yet - flip side is obviously he hasn't had the chance to prove it, however when he has had time on the field, he hasn't been a game changer, not the way players like Rooney, Fabregas, Kane were when they were given chances.

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

jangz   
12 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

He's currently got 2 assists to his name at the top level, no goals, no game changing appearances from the bench, so for as out of form the others are, he hasn't proven he could do better yet - flip side is obviously he hasn't had the chance to prove it, however when he has had time on the field, he hasn't been a game changer, not the way players like Rooney, Fabregas, Kane were when they were given chances.

Bang on.. I was following Kane as he was breaking through.. he had the lot in front of him from soldado to Defoe.. and one by one he made a mark.. he scored 11 times before getting first 11 chances while remaining hardly netted .. that was Spurs.. here he is competing with players of even higher caliber and he has hardly knocked down the barn door

Edited by jangz
Typos
  • Like 1

Sciatika   

If it is purely about getting playing time, then it seems strange. He is slowly breaking into the team at a very young age and those ahead of him are now near the end of their careers or look likely to leave. The prospects look good for him. Of course, maybe the problem is that he feels that he needs to be getting games week in, week out now rather than the odd game or more commonly a few minutes here and there. Maybe he is right. He knows his own body better than we do. The Bundesliga is not as competitive as the prem so he might get more time against weaker opposition but BM has a lot of midfielders on their books. He will not have guarantees. If he wants to play week in, week out, he would be better off going to a club that is likely to pick him most weeks. But at 18, that is unlikely to be one of the top teams.

Blue Rod   
36 minutes ago, jangz said:

Bang on.. I was following Kane as he was breaking through.. he had the lot in front of him from soldado to Defoe.. and one by one he made a mark.. he scored 11 times before getting first 11 chances while remaining hardly netted .. that was Spurs.. here he is competing with players of even higher caliber and he has hardly knocked down the barn door

Fine then. He's unproven and hasn't done anything special. We should be chuffed to get £35m for him.  He and his agent think otherwise. But he is wanted by one of Europe's biggest clubs who promise him playing time.  So did you spot the terrible advice that the other poster was referring to? 

If I were in his place and I was confident of my abilities, I would do the same.  How many assists per playing hour has William this season, for example? 

Edited by Blue Rod

jangz   
13 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Fine then. He's unproven and hasn't done anything special. We should be chuffed to get £35m for him.  He and his agent think otherwise. But he is wanted by one of Europe's biggest clubs who promise him playing time.  So did you spot the terrible advice that the other poster was referring to? 

If I were in his place and I was confident of my abilities, I would do the same.  How many assists per playing hour has William this season, for example? 

For starters the 35 mil or 40 mil numbers are something the media is saying.. maybe if they are offering 40 mil upfront we might take it..and how openly bayern have been courting the player with no respect for Chelsea.. we shldnt sell them a dead horse.. for their arrogance..

secondly no one is saying he doesn’t have potential.. rather the fact that maybe he is not a world beater yet but something he can turn into.. nor me nor you only the coach knows how he is faring in training..market price always takes into account potential.. and we see the potential there .. plus he is only one injury away from starting.. it’s a long season.. he will get his chance.. 

terrible advise is in the fact that bayern “promise” him playing time.. he will have similar competition at bayern.. for every Sancho u also have a renato sanchez.. who couldn’t even then start at Swansea in 12 months from joining them.. 

lastly the the coach has been alternating between Willian and Pedro and when Pedro was injured so was CHO.. I think he will have his chance in the next 2 Weeks to prove himself.. hopefully he does and we get to drop Willian for him.. 

1 hour ago, jangz said:

I don't think you followed Kane all that closely then. Kane got his first PL start in April 2014. By that time Defoe had been gone for four months because Soldado was getting picked ahead of him and he'd got a big money MLS offer, and Soldado had picked up injuries (as well as being complete crap). Kane had been sent on a load of loans, most of them uninspiring, and there were at times plenty of rumours he'd be sold to Championship clubs. Kane didn't even become the first pick then; he started the next season on the bench, despite the only other option being a complete disaster. He was not an obvious star who was carefully nurtured through with any special intention or planning, and his 'chances' were contrived by circumstance and necessity. 

Not a dig at him or Spurs, just this nonsense narrative I've seen on here plenty of times by Chelsea supporters to dig us out. 

13 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I don't think you followed Kane all that closely then. Kane got his first PL start in April 2014. By that time Defoe had been gone for four months because Soldado was getting picked ahead of him and he'd got a big money MLS offer, and Soldado had picked up injuries (as well as being complete crap). Kane had been sent on a load of loans, most of them uninspiring, and there were at times plenty of rumours he'd be sold to Championship clubs. Kane didn't even become the first pick then; he started the next season on the bench, despite the only other option being a complete disaster. He was not an obvious star who was carefully nurtured through with any special intention or planning, and his 'chances' were contrived by circumstance and necessity. 

Not a dig at him or Spurs, just this nonsense narrative I've seen on here plenty of times by Chelsea supporters to dig us out. 

Spot on , they spent the £100m Bale money on Lamela , Soldado and another Spanish striker who was so good his name evades me , and Kane was fourth in the pecking order , he only got his chance when Soldado was injured and the other one was making Morata look like original Ronaldo . Spurs had no interest in nurturing his career , it was a fluke.