• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Blue Rod   
35 minutes ago, jangz said:

terrible advise is in the fact that bayern “promise” him playing time.. he will have similar competition at bayern.. for every Sancho u also have a renato sanchez.. who couldn’t even then start at Swansea in 12 months from joining them.. 

lastly the the coach has been alternating between Willian and Pedro and when Pedro was injured so was CHO.. I think he will have his chance in the next 2 Weeks to prove himself.. hopefully he does and we get to drop Willian for him.. 

Playing time at Bayern is not guaranteed. But their promise is no less sure than that made by Sarri, to be honest. I cannot see how CHO would get more playing time when Pulisic arrives and Willian stays. Sarri would want to play the American in every match just to prove his point, the way he has persisted with Jorginho. That limits options for other wingers

In the bigger picture, I fear a scenario where Morata starts banging in goals on loan, wherever that may be, Higuan makes absolutely no impact at Chelsea, CHO plays very well at Bayern, and Pulisic turns out a younger Willian. We stick with the Sarriball project and with trying to turn Jorginho into a playmaker which he never will be, and finally give up. Sarri is sacked, and we start from the scratch. In this scenario, the CHO debate becomes a only a small print. It may sound melodramatic, but not impossible.

On the other hand, if we get £40m for CHO, Sarri signs his own type of player, Higuan bangs in the goals and we secure CL place, we would care little about what CHO does.  But I just can't see this second scenario if we continue the Sarri ball experiment. To me its all about Sarriball or not. That's the big question of the day, and I rather fear that we will sacrifice quite a bit towards this experiment. 

Edited by Blue Rod

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

he hasn't been a game changer, not the way players like Rooney, Fabregas, Kane were when they were given chances.

Rooney, Fabregas, Kane , Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Aaron Lennon

Of course CHO is being badly advised , his untalented brother is his agent, normally agents get 15% of any transfer fee . Talented brother gets a £40m transfer , untalented brother gets £6m

I'm sure that's the driving force behind all the rumblings of discontent , if CHO stays he gets 15% of the re-signing bonuses.

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Spot on , they spent the £100m Bale money on Lamela , Soldado and another Spanish striker who was so good his name evades me , and Kane was fourth in the pecking order , he only got his chance when Soldado was injured and the other one was making Morata look like original Ronaldo . Spurs had no interest in nurturing his career , it was a fluke. 

That's pretty much how I remember it. I went to an U21 game at Aldershot. Kane was playing for them and looked good, not good enough for me to be thinking "he's going to be England's centre forward and score 20+ goals a season in the PL" good, but looked a level above most of the others on the pitch that evening.

The same season S***s couldn't score and had all their forwards injured, Soldado etc. That's when Kane got his chance and took it. Nothing about Pochettino spotting a talent and promoting above his other options, he'd run out of options and threw him in.

On transfers, there's no rumours or source for this one, but with Pedro, Willian aging and CHO still learning (or maybe not here) I'd be going all out to try and get Filipe Anderson out of West Ham. Absolute class and in a top six team would be a fantastic addition. Goals, assists, speed - great player who now has shown he can play and cope in the PL. Would cost £60m+ now, but you suspect that Gold, Sullivan, Brady would take the money.

Blue Rod   
2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Of course CHO is being badly advised , his untalented brother is his agent, normally agents get 15% of any transfer fee . Talented brother gets a £40m transfer , untalented brother gets £6m

I'm sure that's the driving force behind all the rumblings of discontent , if CHO stays he gets 15% of the re-signing bonuses.

That may well be. But the player may have followed the progress of Sancho and seen what wrong advice can get you. This is a player that was rated way above Sancho. He is also rated as advanced for his age not just by Bayern. If he believes that he is good enough to play for Bayern I can't really blame the boy for wanting to go. 

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

IF CHO has handed in a transfer request, he is getting some terrible advice!

He's 18 and this is his first season with the senior team - he's 18 and he's a member of the first team squad at one of the biggest clubs in Europe. He is progressing very well - he had a good pre-season, he then worked with the squad, not seeing any minutes, but training with the senior players, learning the system and learning what it's like to be in the senior squad, he has then by half way through the season, moved in to the match day squad - he's getting bench time, coming off the bench and getting the odd start. Let's not forget he's 18 and he is at one of the biggest clubs in Europe. If his progression continues the way it has, by next season I see no reason why he isn't in the starting 11, if he works hard and continues to progress.

Forget speaking from a fans point of view. Lets look at it objectivly. At Chelsea he will have homegrown status which will make him an automatic fan favourite who will be supported even if he produces one nutmeg and 0 assits/goals the next 3 season. He will not get that level of support in any other elite club. By the time he will be 20 years old (!) all our wingers and wide men bar Pulisic will be past their prime. Further, the introduction of Sarri means the club is looking to build a team that will play expansive and high tempo football - a perfect fit for the type of player CHO is trying to become. The pros for staying at Chelsea are so numerous it would be incredible if he decided to leave imo. 

Like you say, he might be getting some really bad advice and some serious false promises. 

Kezza   
16 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Forget speaking from a fans point of view. Lets look at it objectivly. At Chelsea he will have homegrown status which will make him an automatic fan favourite who will be supported even if he produces one nutmeg and 0 assits/goals the next 3 season. He will not get that level of support in any other elite club. By the time he will be 20 years old (!) all our wingers and wide men bar Pulisic will be past their prime. Further, the introduction of Sarri means the club is looking to build a team that will play expansive and high tempo football - a perfect fit for the type of player CHO is trying to become. The pros for staying at Chelsea are so numerous it would be incredible if he decided to leave imo. 

Like you say, he might be getting some really bad advice and some serious false promises. 

Bad advice? From the likes of Ballack and Robben you mean? He will at the least get a chance to prove himself. Whether he makes it at Bayern is immaterial at this point. He just needs a place to at least show if he can make it to the top. At Chelsea that chance will never come at least judging by the interest Bayern showed he's inclined to think he can have more chances to play meaningful games.

chelboy   

CHO is not going to get a chance here. Thats the reality of it. Those saying he will are simply hoping. Sarri will rather use Willian and Pedro until the end of 2020/2021 season. What do you want CHO to do until  then? Wait playing dead rubber games or go out on the long list of loan army people who have no real stability in their careers?

He was our best player in pre season. Then in a few weeks he found himself completely out of the team and even behind Moses at one point. Then did not even feature in Europa for a while or cup games. I mean at one point he was pretty much frozen out. Also RLC was played out of his natural position and still ahead of CHO in the pecking order. He has only been consistently in PL matchday squads since December when the board probably started hearing about other serious interests. Now it seems we want to give him more chances but I feel it is a bit too late and he probably won’t fall for that. Sarri rotation problems will create more problems like this in the future for other young players. Last time I read CHO has only played 2% of PL mins or so. He is up against a declining Pedro and a pretty average Willian. If he can only get those kind of mins against wingers of that level how on earth is he going to get a chance if we upgrade on Pedro and Willian in the coming seasons?  I do not know if going to Bayern is the correct decision for him but leaving us definitely is the right decision for HIM.

Pulisic , Willian, Pedro will be higher in the pecking order regardless of their form or current ability not to mention Sarri serious lack of rotation problem. I can not think of one legit reason as to why he should stay. 

jangz   
50 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I don't think you followed Kane all that closely then. Kane got his first PL start in April 2014. By that time Defoe had been gone for four months because Soldado was getting picked ahead of him and he'd got a big money MLS offer, and Soldado had picked up injuries (as well as being complete crap). Kane had been sent on a load of loans, most of them uninspiring, and there were at times plenty of rumours he'd be sold to Championship clubs. Kane didn't even become the first pick then; he started the next season on the bench, despite the only other option being a complete disaster. He was not an obvious star who was carefully nurtured through with any special intention or planning, and his 'chances' were contrived by circumstance and necessity. 

Not a dig at him or Spurs, just this nonsense narrative I've seen on here plenty of times by Chelsea supporters to dig us out. 

So what are you debating on because the above only strengthens my argument? The Kane example was to say that how despite Kane out performing all other options he wasnt being started. Whereas CHO has hardly outperformed anyone except the 2 assists in Europa league..  I really didn't understand the Defoe point either

I dont remember which part of my post talks of nurturing Kane/Planning/Chances .. you want to make a point then make the effort to pick the right post for an example..

jangz   
43 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Spot on , they spent the £100m Bale money on Lamela , Soldado and another Spanish striker who was so good his name evades me , and Kane was fourth in the pecking order , he only got his chance when Soldado was injured and the other one was making Morata look like original Ronaldo . Spurs had no interest in nurturing his career , it was a fluke. 

No Soldado was the striker they had.. again the point I was making that despite their current strikers being so poor Kane still was struggling to get a look in despite outperforming them... which is the story in all top clubs..